Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Unexpected Bills!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Besides your normal bills what's your biggest surprise expense you've had this month and last month?

were u prepared for this??

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:18 PM

abortion $450

joeynwillsmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think the transmission will cause the engine light to come on (I think its all sensors that cause that) but I could be wrong. Maybe you got a hold of some crappy gas and its causing it to run weird. That could also cause the light to come on. Try some gas treatment maybe? Lol I got nothing. Just trying to suggest inexpensive things to try that may help. Not sure why I was anon before.

Quoting Kristanna:That's awesome, thanks! However, I doubt it's something cheap or simple lol. This past week my truck hasn't been running as smoothly, it jerks a bit while driving...I think it might be the transmission.Quoting Anonymous:Go to AutoZone if you have one and they'll diagnose it for free. It could be as simple as your gas cap not being screwed on tight enough.

Quoting Kristanna:I haven't had a surprise bill yet...but my check engine light just came on today and my truck JUST fucking went out of warranty :/Fucking real funny universe...real funny...

Qmama206
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Biggest surprise was a new tire. I have a budget that I stick to 100% so when I had a bulge in the tire it somewhat threw me off. I borrowed from my savings account the cover the $258 expenses. This was at the beginning of October and I still have not paid myself back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:28 PM
It could be the catalytic converter or a 02 sensor also. My truck was jerky and it was the catalytic converter and a 02 sensor.
Quoting joeynwillsmom:

I don't think the transmission will cause the engine light to come on (I think its all sensors that cause that) but I could be wrong. Maybe you got a hold of some crappy gas and its causing it to run weird. That could also cause the light to come on. Try some gas treatment maybe? Lol I got nothing. Just trying to suggest inexpensive things to try that may help. Not sure why I was anon before.

Quoting Kristanna:That's awesome, thanks! However, I doubt it's something cheap or simple lol. This past week my truck hasn't been running as smoothly, it jerks a bit while driving...I think it might be the transmission.Quoting Anonymous:Go to AutoZone if you have one and they'll diagnose it for free. It could be as simple as your gas cap not being screwed on tight enough.

Quoting Kristanna:I haven't had a surprise bill yet...but my check engine light just came on today and my truck JUST fucking went out of warranty :/Fucking real funny universe...real funny...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:29 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I have to pay a little over $400 in car repairs today.
swampass101
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

In another reply you said it was jerking, it could be any number of things. Bad ignition coil, improperly gapped spark plug, plugged catalytic converter, dirty injectors/intake/valves, timing off (this may not apply to this year of vehicle). Try this: away from any buildings or people, put the truck in drive, keep your foot on the brake, and press the gas a little (almost like doing a brake torque). If you feel it misfire or "buck", then it's likely ignition related.
Quoting Kristanna:

I haven't had a surprise bill yet...but my check engine light just came on today and my truck JUST fucking went out of warranty :/

Fucking real funny universe...real funny...

#Mrs.SwampAss
Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Nothing. I don't get surprise bills. If you do, you should probably seriously consider re-evaluating how you spend your money!

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:38 PM
A vet bill of $65. Didn't really hurt us, we try to stay prepared for small, unexpected expenses.
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Sometimes you will have a surprise, a sick pet or child, an accident. People can't plan on those things. We just make sure to save so we can pay them.

Quoting Ali5683:

Nothing. I don't get surprise bills. If you do, you should probably seriously consider re-evaluating how you spend your money!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)