Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DSS is overweight and BM refuses

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 20 Replies

To feed him anything healthy. I don't know what to do. This kid has been overweight since the day I met him and no matter what I do his mom will not stop feeding him candy and pasta all the time. She even has him convinced that he's allergic to fruit. What? Fruit. Like the fruit that he eats at my place ALL THE TIME at mine and his dad's house. And never complains. We'll all sit and go through a bunch of grapes like its popcorn. But all of the sudden he's allergic because it gave him a stomache ache One Time.

I don't know what to do anymore. Any suggestions?

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Newmom8912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Mediation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Eating a shitload of fruit isn't any better for you than candy and pasta,  sounds like you all need to take some classes on basic nutrition.  What does his father (you know his other real parent)  say about it all?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Suggestions?

Yes....mind your own business.

The end.

Mommy2ETnBM
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Nothing you can really do. I'm going thru this same exact fight with my ex husband. I've been going through this fight for 4 years now, and he refuses to do anything to help the issue, while I'm over here busting my butt to help the kids. Thankfully I get them more often than he does.

EarlGrayHot
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Tell her to talk to his doctor to discuss his "allergies" and his weight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Good luck momma.. I am going thru the same thing with my DSS 13 ... He is 5 foot 3 and weighs 286 pds... I took him for a physical and they had to put the poor child on blood pressure meds.... its crazy... when I bring up healthy food, diet or exercise to my DH or to SS BM.. they act like I said dirty words... I hate it for him too.. because they failed him on his sports physical to tryout for BBALL at the school... But I am just the SM so my opinion doesnt count...

BrittSam2011
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM

It REALLY REALLY bugs me when women on here say that we need to mind our own business. They are our kids too. I've been in my DSS's life for over half his life. I met him when he was 5 and I'm the only one to teach him manners. Before he met me he was flipping people off, cussing, and had never even said the words please, thank you, or your welcome. I may not have given birth to him but that doesn't mean he's not my son, too. He gets treated the same as my boys, if not better because he's more sensitive emotionally.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good luck momma.. I am going thru the same thing with my DSS 13 ... He is 5 foot 3 and weighs 286 pds... I took him for a physical and they had to put the poor child on blood pressure meds.... its crazy... when I bring up healthy food, diet or exercise to my DH or to SS BM.. they act like I said dirty words... I hate it for him too.. because they failed him on his sports physical to tryout for BBALL at the school... But I am just the SM so my opinion doesnt count...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM

You're not his Mom you're just some random woman his Dad hooked up with. It's not your place to be a Monday morning quarterback in this situation, that's his parent's job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:50 PM
......Yes, it is.

Quoting Anonymous:

Eating a shitload of fruit isn't any better for you than candy and pasta,  sounds like you all need to take some classes on basic nutrition.  What does his father (you know his other real parent)  say about it all?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM
In all fairness you can be allergic to raw fruits & vegetables but with that said why are bad foods in the house?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)