Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how do you wake your kids up?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Do you have a morning routine?
Do you wake your kids up?
How do yall get ready in the morning?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Replies (21-30):
caito
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:10 PM

She wakes me up, she's 4.

.Zombie.Girl.
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM

DD1, who is 6, wakes up on her own everyday around 5am-6am. 

DD2, who is almost 2, wakes up on her own everyday around 8-8:30am

Our morning routine is....

I get up with DH at 4:50am on week days. Help him get ready and chill with him while drinking our coffee.

Then he leaves (5:45am) and I workout for an hour and then go outside with DD1 to play with the dog. Then at about 7:15am I shower and get ready.

DD2 sometimes wakes while I'm getting ready and when she does I will bring her down to the livingroom, give her and DD1 breakfast while they watch TV then I go finish getting ready.  

Then about 8:15am I will start getting the girls ready for the day, then we will play for a bit until 9:10am and that's when we head out the door to drop DD1 off at school. 

Then from there on out everyday is different. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:12 PM
I want to get my kids into a better habit.

Im usually all for it but after a week i feel dead inside n drop it. I hate that i cant stay positive. I think its because i hate my life
ZombieMeat
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:14 PM

She wakes up on her own, typically around 7:30. She's never slept passed 8. She goes to bed at 7:30 every night, so I let her sleep until she wakes up. She's 7.

shorty13417
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:17 PM

i wake up my son at 6:30 am by going in his room and saying 'time to wake up' 

AngelRT
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:17 PM
My son is 10 and he gets up by alarm but doesn't get ready until I come upstairs to wake his sister. I have to wake My daughter (8) and start her shower for her.
CrossStitchMum
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:18 PM
DD15 months wakes me up at 5am, DS5 isn't far behind. The other girls may sleep for a little longer.

I drag myself out of bed to the coffee maker and turn it on, put on a load of laundry, have my coffee,then get them dressed, have a shower, make school lunches, make breakfast.

I then clean the toilet, wipe down the handbasin, tidy the kitchen and dining area before making my list of chores for the day and getting the kiddies off to school :)
morgan483
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:20 PM

We wake them up at 6am {I get up around 5:30}. They are usually still sleeping like rocks at this point, so we try to wake them up gently to avoid and morning bad moods. We will turn on the radio station right now that is playing Christmas music. :)

TatyBear
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:22 PM
My school.aged kids are 5 and 11. They get up at 7am on their own. No alarm and no me waking them up.

11 yr old DD hops in the shower.then dries and straightens her hair gets dressed etc....

My 5 yr old gets dressed on her own and puts her lunch she made the night before in her bag.

Dd11 does that too.

I get up usually around 7:40ish when my 21 month old wakes up.

Kids watch cartoons till 8am then my 5 yr old heads to the bus. At 8:20 my 11 yr old heads to her bus.

Mornings are easy and stress free here. Lol
instant
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:22 PM
I wake my son up.. Most if the time I will the sing the morning song :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)