Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how do you wake your kids up?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Do you have a morning routine?
Do you wake your kids up?
How do yall get ready in the morning?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Replies (31-40):
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Water gun.
Kellileanne
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:23 PM

My oldest (6) wakes me.

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Most of the time, they wake up first.  The boys are quiet and take advantage of the time to play Legos, video games, etc.  I wake up and make them their first breakfast and shuffle them off to do their school work.  DD sleeps in later.  She comes down to have breakfast with Granny and myself.

We are traveling and have had to be on the road earlier than they are usually awake.  That has been hell.  Not really but there were a few times that I am pretty sure I put socks and shoes on kids that are still asleep and slipped their jackets on before they were concious. 

bamamommy2009
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:26 PM

well it all depends who wakes up first- if its a good morning Im the first one up- I'll get me dressed gather up the kids clothes and then the tickle and kissy monster attacks and the kids wake up laughing-we get them dressed, get mommys lunch up and off to school....mornings when mommy is not the first up- don't wake the baby! sit here watch some tv while I get my make up and clothes on..this is normally follwed by the baby coming into the room with UUHH OOHH and he is in my makeup and my daughter is zombiefied to the tv for s few minutes so stepping over baby to get dressed and retreive make up I'll get each kid and get their clothes on, get my lunch up and then out to school..there is more laughing after they are at school than when they wake up these mornings lol

Cymbeline
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I walk into their rooms playing this on my phone...

They're 11 and 8. (my boys)

They get dressed, and then I make breakfast for them.

After they eat, they brush their teeth and comb their hair. Then, they're off to school.

My daughter sleeps while I get her ready for school. She usually even sleeps through her Vest treatment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:28 PM

OP kids thrive on routine. Whatever you can manage, make it a routine, every morning the same. They will be happier and calmer knowing what to expect. If you can manage to do it without rushing... tell me your secret! Ha ha. How old are your children? I have a 6yo DD. We have to leave at 8(.05)... I wake her up at 7.30, tell her to go peeps, I pick out her clothes, dress her, wash her face and brush her hair. Then she sits in the livingroom to watch Sponge Bob, she has a little table there. I get her a small bowl of cereal are bark for the rest of the time for her to hurry up and EAT!!. Then brush her teeth, put on her coat, grab her bag and leave. I make her lunch in the morning, but it is SOooo much easier to at least start on the bag the night before. Good luck!

ajrjj05
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:29 PM

My 13 yr old wakes himself up with the alarm clock. Gets in shower, then hovers over me until I get up and make his 3 eggs and tomato. I get my 9 yr up before I go make him food, he showers then goes and gets dressed. I get my 5 yr up and dressed, then I shower, go down to feed my son. then up to do my makeup. Then up to wake up sleeping dressed 5 yr old, who only wants a cup of water in the morning. then to the bus. We start our day at 5:45a, and bus comes at 7:45

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Everyone but the 5 year old are suppose to wake themselves up at 6. The only one who ever does is our 15 yr old. Otherwise dh alarm goes off at 6:15 if we do not gear movement we will go up and get everyone up. I wake sd5 up at 6:30 because it doesn't take her as long to get ready. Every one grabs a granola bar or fruit on their way out the door to get on the bus at 7.
MustBNapTime
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:33 PM

5:45a I get out of bed, walk into 7yo dds room, turn on her closet light (so there is some, but not too much) and gently wake her up & then go start breakfast..... She usually gets up, wanders into LR & turns on cartoons.

6:15ish we eat breakfast (usually scrambled eggs, fruit, waffle)

6:30am she takes a bath. i get her clothes together..

6:50am I brush/blow dry/fix her hair (its super long & i enjoy braiding it & doing new stuff with it)

7:00 doing hair, then she brushs teeth. gets on clothes. shoes.

7:20 If we are good on time & not running behind for any reason we read a book together.

7:40amout the door to drive her to school.

Mrswalker2012
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:33 PM
My son has his own alarm but I get up too just to make sure he's getting ready like he should
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN