Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how do you wake your kids up?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Do you have a morning routine?
Do you wake your kids up?
How do yall get ready in the morning?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Replies (41-48):
kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM

We play Tickle Monsters at 6:45

I grab a pair of jeans and a few shirts, let her pick out a shirt from the three I put out. Get her dressed, potty, hair and teeth brushed, socks and shoes on. Then DH takes her to school by 7:30 so she can eat, then I go in and get DS pick him up and cuddle him a minute, then lay him down and change his diaper and dress him (three and SNs) then he plays while I get the baby up and dressed and get her bottle. Then we take DH to work, come back and I cook breakfast for me and DS (DH never eats it and complains if I cook before that) then make sure DS is ready and get him out for the bus...

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM
My oldest is up by 6 am everyday on his own. He gets dressed,eats and then does whatever he wants. 4 yo wakes up around 6:30 and baby too. I get up at 630 and make breakfast. Oldest goes to school at 830 middle goes to preschool 3 days a week half day at 830 as well
pregnantmama105
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Normally i let him wake me up... then I bring him to bed for cuddles. But if I have to wake him for an appt. I turn on the light and say his name a few times.rub his back and he usually wakes up... but he's 22m
almburr
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:43 PM
When I get up I yell down the hall towards boys room " up and at em buttercups!" Dd11 is up by 5:45 on her own. Dd15 gets up on her own also.
fairyjester
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Turn his light on and say time to up
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I turn on their lights and yell "WAKE UP!!!!". 

Revenge for their toddler years I guess. Ha. 

Just kidding, I dont yell it but I nicely say "its time to wake up". 

Lilfootmommy
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM
I wake him up by rubbing his back and singing a song
Howardx5
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:08 PM

If my oldest doesnt wake up before i do, then i go into her room, rub her shoulder and tell her its time to wake up and get ready for school. Then i go get her clothes ready.

My younger two sleep until they want to get up. I don't dare wake my son (3y) up until hes ready- hes too cranky if he gets woke up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN