Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you do when you feel like your whole world is falling apart around you.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

I don't know it is like, everything is crashing down on us at one time. We  struggling financially. My dd is cutting again, my ds behavior is getting worse in school even with the med change and the behavior therapy and the school change. My dd first therapy isn't schedule until Dec 27, like that is going to help her NOW.

We are struggling to buy food, and to pay bills because i am unable to work due to the issues with my kids and the most recent incident with dd just proves that i a can not work. Even though i know we need the extra money. How can i leave a suicidal teen to come home alone? My dh and are arguing more than usually due to the stress we are both under. 

I am not asking for smypathy or advice just to vent. I know how most of don't understand why I am not working and will not understand because you are not here and living in my shoes. 

Yes i have wrote post in the past about most of what is mention in this post. So some of this is going to look familar to some of you.

I just feel like I am about to lose it. I don't know how to deal with most of this.  There is only so much a person can take.  I feel like giving up but I know I can't. i have to  keep going and keep trying to get the answers and get everything right. 

WTF do you do when you whole world is falling a part around you?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm really sorry.  Maybe you could call around and see if you can get your daughter in with someone else sooner?  Work on looking for a part-time job during school hours only?  Call the school district and see if they have any openings in the cafeteria or as a bus monitor?  I always see these sort of positions advertised here.

When I feel like the walls are closing in, that usually means I feel like I have no control over what is going on around me.  Sit down with a piece of paper and start making a list of things you can do to improve your situation.  Like the things I listed above, and then start doing them.  Perhaps you could earn money cleaning homes while the kids are at school?  Make a flyer, find some bulletin boards to post them up trying to get work doing that.  Call some cleaning services and see if they need people for part time, school hours only.  There's a lot of things you can do.  And having "control" will make you feel better. And so will having more $$$.

mommy2twoangel
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Not sure if you are a religious person or not, but when this happens to me I sit down and pray and talk to God.  It helps.  It's strange how it does, but it does.  Kind of gives me clairity.  Gives me strength to push through.  I wish you the best...I know this can't be easy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM
The problem with working school hours is I don't know when my ds school is going to call. As of today he is on his last day of a 5 day suspension. I get calls daily. I am scared that if I do, they will call.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm really sorry.  Maybe you could call around and see if you can get your daughter in with someone else sooner?  Work on looking for a part-time job during school hours only?  Call the school district and see if they have any openings in the cafeteria or as a bus monitor?  I always see these sort of positions advertised here.

When I feel like the walls are closing in, that usually means I feel like I have no control over what is going on around me.  Sit down with a piece of paper and start making a list of things you can do to improve your situation.  Like the things I listed above, and then start doing them.  Perhaps you could earn money cleaning homes while the kids are at school?  Make a flyer, find some bulletin boards to post them up trying to get work doing that.  Call some cleaning services and see if they need people for part time, school hours only.  There's a lot of things you can do.  And having "control" will make you feel better. And so will having more $$$.

SpiritFortress
Don't you hate it when the 'Easy Open Notch' on your bag of chips turns out to be not so easy?
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM

So sorry things are so difficult right now. ((hugs))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I don't know your history with your son, but you need to sit down with him and tell him that his behavior is affecting your families ability to fuction and put food on the table.  Perhaps it's time to consider putting him in some sort of military school or special school for kids with behavioral problems.  They do have scholarship and work/study programs for people who can't afford it.

Also, if his behavior is getting worse, you need to make another appointment with his psychiatrist and see about another medication change and figure out what the problem is. 

I'm really sorry and wish you all the best.  Hugs.

Quoting Anonymous:

The problem with working school hours is I don't know when my ds school is going to call. As of today he is on his last day of a 5 day suspension. I get calls daily. I am scared that if I do, they will call.

Quoting Anonymous:

ladymaleficent
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:58 PM
We go to Disney.
Kellileanne
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I pray--seriously.  I have had a lot of issues lately and gone through so many medical tests just to be handed a prescription for pain meds (which made me sick).  It has been crazy, but I know I'm on this path for a reason that I don't see yet.  I'm just going to keep on keeping on and just keep working towards my goals each day.  I have realized that I was expecting too much out of myself. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:59 PM

If your ds behavior is getting worse in school, depending on his age and if you have or haven't done this before, I'd request in writing that he be tested for emotional disabilities. Then have him see a psychiatrist and get him into therapy. The psychiatrist can write up an IEP for the school to follow.

About your teen who is having suicidal concerns. She needs to be in the hospital. Like YESTERDAY. Get her evaluated. She needs psychiatrist care- consistently. Get on top of this and DO IT NOW. If you struggle to buy food, apply for food stamps. If you don't have insurance, apply for medicaid. If you need to work, work at night.

Stop whining and DO THIS. I'm not trying to be mean. But it sounds like your "world is falling apart" and you are just sitting there letting it.

Sunshine257
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Hugs mama. Can you get a work at home mom job? Wahm.com has a bunch of work from home jobs. I am sorry you are having a rough time. When the world crashes down I pray cry and contact friends or family to get advice and support. It seems when things crash they all crash at once. Hang in there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:00 PM
He was just changed to a school that has the resources for ebd children and I think that is a lot of the problem now. The change. He is worse now than before the change.

I tried to call his doctor about meds he is overbooked and don't have ant opening until January.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know your history with your son, but you need to sit down with him and tell him that his behavior is affecting your families ability to fuction and put food on the table.  Perhaps it's time to consider putting him in some sort of military school or special school for kids with behavioral problems.  They do have scholarship and work/study programs for people who can't afford it.

Also, if his behavior is getting worse, you need to make another appointment with his psychiatrist and see about another medication change and figure out what the problem is. 

I'm really sorry and wish you all the best.  Hugs.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN