Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just found out I'm pregnant and I'm going to start losing weight ASAP.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 92 Replies

Sounds crazy, right? Well... it's true. I just found out that I'm about 4 weeks pregnant and I am bound and determined to have a "baby bump" this time. I have 4 kids and I've never had a real OUT THERE bump with any of them because I've always been so fat already that people who didn't know me would probably just assume it was just my normal fat belly.

When I got pregnant with my last baby I weighed about 250 and got up to 295 by the end of the pregnancy. So by the time I got to the stage where I normal woman would have started showing, I had gained so much weight that I really didn't show as much as I wanted. Now I am at about 315 and I figure if I lose about 10 pounds per month I should have a decent bump by the time I get to 6  or 7 months.

Of course, I'm not going to starve myself or anything crazy. I'm not even going to exercise because I'm high-risk. But I will be watching what I eat very closely and probably eating 1600-1800 calories a day. NO junk food. Only healthy foods that are nutritious to me and baby, no empty calories. No soda. No sweets.

My doctor said it's perfectly fine to lose weight during pregnancy AS LONG AS you are doing it in a healthy way and not starving yourself.

Has anyone else had success losing weight during pregnancy?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:00 PM

bump

allycally
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Never tried... but good luck and maybe add some non stressful workout(water aerobics) or something
SpiritFortress
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I hope you are able to achieve your goals! I think it's a great plan. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:03 PM
10 moms liked this
Why wouldn't you lose weight BEFORE you got pregnant again...? That makes more sense to me..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm at 190 pounds and am finding it impossible to get pregnant because of my weight :(  Try worrying about the health of the child instead of whether or not people will confuse you for just being fat or pregnant. 

KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Good for you! And congratulations!
ramita
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I'd definitely talk to your doctor, and see if there's something you can do like walking, if you have a local indoor community pool swimming in it, etc. In sure your doctor is on board with your calorie planning so just see if there's something you can do to shed a few extra calories. Even if its just walking up and down some steps a few times a day. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
That is way more weight to lose then you should per month. Espically when pregnant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Really, this is something you should have focused on BEFORE getting pregnant.

Most people that lose weight a healthy sustainable way lose 1-2 lbs a week. Realistically your looking at maybe losing 30-60 lbs before you deliver....Eat healthy, watch your calories, and exercise and you'll lose some weight and be on track to keep taking it off once you deliver. I wouldn't FOCUS on weight loss during pregnancy. It' simply not the time, imo.

KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Losing weight IS worrying about the health of the baby. All sorts of complications can arise from being over weight during pregnancy.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm at 190 pounds and am finding it impossible to get pregnant because of my weight :(  Try worrying about the health of the child instead of whether or not people will confuse you for just being fat or pregnant. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)