Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Thinking about getting gastric surgery

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Has anyone had it done? Any advice? I have struggled for years with my weight and I just can't deal with it anymore.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I had it in 2003. I lost 110 pounds. It's a struggle to eat every day and basically living off of vitamins.  Would I do it again? Yes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:08 PM
What do you eat besides vitamins? Do you have any other issues?

Quoting PhantomRose88:

I had it in 2003. I lost 110 pounds. It's a struggle to eat every day and basically living off of vitamins.  Would I do it again? Yes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Bump
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I had a band in 2009. I have lost 100 pounds and my band is only half full. I do not have the side effects that my friends that have had the bypass or the sleeve have. I love my band and would do it again in a heart beat. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:13 PM

If you have tried everything and still cant lose it, then I recommend it.

But can I ask have you tried getting a personal trainer? Going to an adult weight loss camp thing? (I know there's one thats like the biggest loser). I would try a weight loss camp first.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I very rarely have an appetite. I eat protein through meat/fish and also plenty of veggies and fruit.  I do eat pasta and bread sometimes but it's painful because as you know these foods expand when in your stomach. So, a few bites and I'm done.  Sometimes food gets stuck in my stomach if I had eaten to quick and I have to vomit it back up. But otherwise, I personally havent had any major issues.  Just deficient in iron, calcium, b-12, potassium, and a few others I can't think of at the moment. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you eat besides vitamins? Do you have any other issues?

Quoting PhantomRose88:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)