Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Were you bullied in school?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

Were you bullied in school? If so how? They used to call me fat girl, retard, spit on my hair, some girls said my mom should have aborted me and that no one would love me when I get older this was in elementary was never bullied in high school.

Did you grow or learn from being bullied??  Yes I did I tell my children don't worry about that BS because you are stronger and better than that. 

Knowing you were bullied I school how would u feel if u figured out your child was the bully? How would u handle it? I know I don't have to worry about it because I know my sons are better than that. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Yea. I was bullied but not to the extreme mostly because I was being sexually abused at home(no one knew) and I had problems well into junior high controlling my urine.
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:21 PM
I did. I was bullied from since I can remember. Some of the stuff still goes through my head. Like the stuff that was said to me.
Lilfootmommy
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Yep. I got called a dyke for years oh and I got called the chinless wonder for years too
Heisenberg
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:24 PM

*were

And yes. I was made fun of for being skinny, having a gap in my teeth, having freckles and red hair, and I was called a communist because my mother was an Estonian immigrant and that area at the time was occupied by the USSR. It didn't help that I was dirty and smelled like pee. As I got older it turned in to frequent fights until HS when I finally put a stop to it.

I can't tell you what I would do if my child was a bully. I can promise I would handle it very sternly.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:24 PM

No, not really. I always had friends and I liked school for the most part.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I remember that pic you put up of you and your sister (?) when you were younger in the home you grew up in and told your story. Powerful post.

Quoting Heisenberg:

*were

And yes. I was made fun of for being skinny, having a gap in my teeth, having freckles and red hair, and I was called a communist because my mother was an Estonian immigrant and that area at the time was occupied by the USSR. It didn't help that I was dirty and smelled like pee. As I got older it turned in to frequent fights until HS when I finally put a stop to it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Thanks for the were. I hate auto correct.. Where were did you grow up??

Quoting Heisenberg:

*were

I can't tell you what I would do if my child was a bully. I can promise I would handle it very sternly.

Heisenberg
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. :) 

It was my best friend, who later became one of my bullies. As I get older and have more and more normal experiences I realize how every day things were just so fucked up. I win though, because I give my kids better than what I had, and frankly I still had it better than my mother did growing up in refugee camps so it's all relative.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I remember that pic you put up of you and your sister (?) when you were younger in the home you grew up in and told your story. Powerful post.

Quoting Heisenberg:

*were

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. And still in my 30's I'm bullied.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I was verbally bullied by a couple teachers and one assistant principal. But the only time I was bullied by students was in high school by these two idiot guys in math class. I quickly put them in their place though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN