Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Generation Cryo - TV show is selfish

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 114 Replies
4 moms liked this

The shows description-  Seventeen-year-old Breeanna has 15 half siblings that she just found out about, and they’re all on the hunt to find their biological father. If it sounds too crazy to be true, that’s because often times the truth is far more interesting than the fiction. Nowhere has this more recently been evidenced than in MTV’s newest docu-series, Generation Cryo

these kids have no right to hunt down their Sperm donner.   That is all the men are.  Men whom wacked it in a cup a few times to make a quick buck.  The Anonymous sperm donner doesn't even know you exist.  It's not like he got a message saying donner 1655 your sperm has been bought and congrats you are going to have a child.

these kids could totally ruine a perfectly happy family by knocking on the door and saying, " hi remember all those years ago you donated sperm! well we are all your kids.   Think about how that wife could feel, and how it will disrupt the entire family.

there is a difference between adoption and Anonymous sperm donation.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tansyflower
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM
5 moms liked this

if 15 kids knocked on my door and said they were all born because of my husbands donations i personally would see all the love and happieness standing before me and be proud of my husband for helping people have children they would never have been able to get any other way. 

not everyone would switch into bitch mode O.o

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Of course they have a right to try to find their sperm donor.

3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:52 PM
5 moms liked this
You don't know how anyone would react. They have every right to find their sperm donor...its not like they are asking for child support or anything like that.
Krysta784
by Dani on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course they have a right to know their father! That's what dear old dad signed up for when he whacked it in that cup. You think these men don't realize that they will have children out there somewhere??? Sperm donation isn't to be taken on lightly. Legalities aside, these men know this scenario is a possibility. As is the possibility of two of their "donations" meeting and marrying each other. Finding their donors is a GOOD thing! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Idk how I feel about the show.
I just hope the kids understand what there doing and don't end up hurt...
adopteeme
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I think it's selfish to withhold 50 to 100 percent of our genetic identity under lock and key.
That extra special privilege of staying hidden isn't even afforded to victims of domestic violence. Peace/protective orders and even name change and address protection towards a perp that had due process and was proved to be criminal of stalking/harassment and harm DON'T LAST forever...

No one knows what these young adults will do - if they had the donors identity.
They shouldn't have to explain their reasons why they want the info. Maybe just the name is enough. Maybe they'll just attempt doing their paternal family tree with the info.
Maybe they'll request an updated medical history. And maybe, they'll attempt a relationship with him.
Why are adoptees, and donor babies, or surrogate babies, and safe haven babies automatically suspect of inappropriate behavior IF we were to know the entire truth of our origins?

adopteeme
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Watching episode 2, the lady in charge of intermediating what info that could be released said of the last 15 cases she's done- 11 wanted contact.
Is it necassary to protect the minority of people while blocking the majority from connecting?

I bet those cryo kids have to flip the bill for this ladies "service" too.

I hope they find everything they need to learn their truth with DNA testing!
Ha! That'd show them secret keepers.
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I think it's a silly thing for them to do. It's not like this man laid down with their mother and made them and then took off, like you said, he whacked off in a cup, probably for a little cash, and went about his day.

People will do anything for their 15 minutes.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 2:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I disagree.
I feel these kids have a right to know where they came from.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheDoctorsWife
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's selfish

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)