Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We're going to be homeless for Christmas.

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:13 PM
  • 312 Replies

It finally happened. Our douchebag of an apartment manager gave us our 30 day notice to vacate our apartment on December 20th. After dealing with this asstwat for 2 and a half years, and trying to find a different place to rent for the past year, he decides that the best time to have us out on the street is 5 days before Christmas. 
I'm just so frustrated, and I want to cry. 

This idiot has been trying to find a reason to throw us out for a year, threatening to call CPS if he hears my son awake at 3:30 am crying, constantly texting me saying I need to stop making so much noise when all I'm doing is running the washing machine... He's been the worst excuse for an apartment manager EVER. Nothing ever gets fixed, and I've submitted SO many maintainence requests. My fridge keeps dying, all my faucets leak... This is a nice apartment community, and he's a worthless piece of shit. We always try to be respectful of our neighbors, while he's downstairs in his apartment blasting the bass from his kids' video games at 2 am, making my windows shake, his kids are always playing their instruments at 5 am before school, waking my son up when it takes until 3 am to get the poor kid to completely fall asleep. And I'M the disrespectful neighbor?

I don't even know what to do. No one will rent to us now because my credit is awful after DS's heart surgery, and we have no cosigner. I certainly don't expect a good reccomendation from asstwat downstairs.
This has been the worst month, ever. 

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katemckenzie
by Kate on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM

BUMP!

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:18 PM
7 moms liked this

Wow mam. You need to go down to your HUD housing and ask them what do to do. Legally, I think, you can "squat" there for a few months since you've lived their so long. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

katemckenzie
by Kate on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:19 PM

What can HUD do for me? I don't even know what that is.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Wow mam. You need to go down to your HUD housing and ask them what do to do. Legally, I think, you can "squat" there for a few months since you've lived their so long. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Can you afford an RV or camper?
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Hugs! I'm so sorry :-(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Weren't you recently pregnant?
katemckenzie
by Kate on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Not right now. We just bought a new vehicle, and got mine repaired. That took most of our savings. What's left was supposed to be for Christmas, but it's not much.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you afford an RV or camper?

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:22 PM

since when do places need cosigners?

DusterMommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Wow. I'm sorry, that really sucks. I don't really have any advice, either, but bump!
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:22 PM
You'll find somewhere.
Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN