Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Somebody please help me before I lose it!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 209 Replies
1 mom liked this
My 2 1/2 year old has become an absolute terror! She will NOT sleep anymore. She used to sleep so great. Now it takes over an hour for her to fall asleep and she has been waking up anywhere between midnight and 4 am and staying up the rest of the night/day!

She woke up at midnight last night. I tried until 3:30am everything I could think of to get her to sleep. Nothing. Finally I just gave in and we watched Mickey Mouse clubhouse until I had to get ds up for school.

I cut out naps the last few days. Didn't help. Not teething because she is very vocal and easily tells me when something hurts and what it is and hasn't mentioned or messed with her ears or teeth.

I just don't know what to do. She has only had 4 hours of sleep in like 2 days. She doesn't wake up cranky, she just wants to be up!!

What do I do?? I can't take it anymore. I broke down crying last night about 2 because I was just so tired and frustrated and was so tempted to just spank the shit out of her, but I didn't because we don't spank. That is why I need Help because I am obviously losing it!!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Please? Anyone?
mab05
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Don't give in.
No Matter how long it takes.

Does she sleep in a crib or bed?
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:49 PM
9 moms liked this
Bring her to bed with you and tuck her in. Turn all lights off and ignore her. She should get the point eventually
jordynlee18
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you changed her sleeping arrangement lately?
cassiehmomof3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Its a phase. My son just went through it. It will pass. Will she cuddle with you on the couch so you can doze?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:51 PM
I really didn't want to I was hust so overwhelmed I just could not take it. 3 weeks ago she had the flu. Then my ds got it then my dh got it. I feel so over worked and exhausted I don't even know what to do with myself anymore :( and its a toddler bed

Quoting mab05:

Don't give in.

No Matter how long it takes.

Does she sleep in a crib or bed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:52 PM
She kept climbing out of bed and pulling my arm saying WAKE UP MOMMY!!!

Quoting shadow_lark:

Bring her to bed with you and tuck her in. Turn all lights off and ignore her. She should get the point eventually

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Not at all. Bedtime has been 7:45 since birth practically

Quoting jordynlee18:

Have you changed her sleeping arrangement lately?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Yeah she will and we did that on and off but she just kept being so needy. Wanted water, wanted juice, was hungry, wanted a yogurt, etc..

Quoting cassiehmomof3:

Its a phase. My son just went through it. It will pass. Will she cuddle with you on the couch so you can doze?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)