Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I keep forgetting to do this …. Does it make me a bad mom?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 115 Replies

I'm twenty one weeks pregnant with my first. I've only taken prenatal vitamins a handful of times. I took them well for the first few weeks, and then started forgetting. I'm hardly ever sick and I've never had to take medicine on a regular basis. It was just out of sight, out of mind.

My midwife didn't seem too concerned when I told her I'd been forgetting to take them, but lately I've been feeling like I'm to blame if there's anything happens (so far, the baby is healthy). I've really been trying to remember, but my schedule is constantly changing and I just can't get down a consistent routine that would help me remember to take them.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SaraW1989
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I took them once with my perfectly healthy son. I've never taken them this pregnancy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:18 PM
4 moms liked this

No it doesn't make you a bad mom but it makes you not so smart. The prenatals are not just for the baby. The baby will normally grow and be fine with or without them, however, those vitamins are also for YOU. If the baby sucks up all your vitamins and you don't replace them, what happens is that you get serious iron deficiency, and you'll have serious problems that could land you in the hospital and in need of a blood transfusion. 

Take it from someone who has been there.

SaraW1989
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:18 PM
In all honestly, they don't really make a difference. Strawberries and dark greens have folic acid in them.
treystiredmommy
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I took them religiously with my first, sometimes with my second, and never with my third.  all were born fine and healthy.  take them when you remember and dont worry when you forget

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I rarely took them my second pregnancy..... I had GD, but I knew it wasn't the lack of prenatals. Dr even told me so. no biggie
bubbbaNbabygirl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM

set an alarn on your phone & throw them in your purse so they are always w/ you when it's time to take them.

Elayna90
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Prenatals are good for both you and baby.

That said, with my first two pregnancies, I rarely took them and both if my kids are juat fine.

It doesn't make you a bad mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:20 PM
No, you are not a bad mom, but you do sound lazy. Why not take them, it will take 1minute?
Find AllNatural once in a health store.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:20 PM
I didn't even buy a bottle during the last pregnancy because I knew I wouldn't remember to take them. I'msure your baby will be just fine. Maybe keep them in the bathroom and try to take them right before bed. ... or put a reminder on your phone for the same time each day
Monsita
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:21 PM

pregnant belly...make yourself to remember them...taking care of you and your baby are your first priority!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)