Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help please!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I'm 13 weeks pregnant and the stomach bug just hit last night :( I thought it was morning sickness until well, it affected the other end. Then my son came in crying he puked, poor thing always gets sick on his bday :( so anyways, I can't even keep a sip of water down, how can I tell if I'm dehydrated?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
fairymom82
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:23 AM
If your worried call a dr but ice chips help. I had severe morning sickness on top of flu so I made pedialite ice cubes and broke em into chips. It helped and I didn't dehydrate. Gatorade would work too for this method. Suck on the chips all day. Hope you both feel better.
MaiVal
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:23 AM

I'm also 13 weeks, and when i drink water with an empty stomach i feel like i have to puke. Try to eat a bit. But that makes me feel sick too. I lie down for a bit, after about 5 mins I feel better. Not great, but better. 14 weeks is the 2nd trimester, so just keep trying to hold it off. 

I have also been constipated until the last few days, and, well, hell broke lose. All normal. Gotta keep going if you can, it's not fun. We should feel better soon!! Best of luck!

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:25 AM

My dr. had me take Emetrol to help with the throwing up.  I'd call him first thing and ask.  And try to drink anything.  Sometimes 7-up or sprite is easier to keep down.  ....feel better.

MaiVal
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:29 AM

I'd go for some ginger ale. Diarrhea and constipation are normal. But you need to keep fliuds up. Soup and crackers are always something i swear by. Keep up on water, or half water half juice, or ginger ale. It always helps me!

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:31 AM
If tour mouth is dry

If your eyes are dry

Good indications you are dehydrated

If you can pinch your skin and it stays and doesn't snap.back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)