Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have favorite childhood holiday rituals that you now celebrate with your own kids?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM
  • 127 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have favorite childhood holiday rituals that you now celebrate with your own kids?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 187

View Results

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
It's about that time...
Today at 2:13 PM
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Not really. I kinda want to start the Elf on the Shelf thing, but I can't get over the creepiness factor.

Of course, kids see things differently than we do, so...

lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this

we get chinese food on christmas eve and get to open up one gift. we still do it with my family every year. i plan to continue it to

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM

yep.

Photo: -Randi.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

we leave Santa a savory snack instead of cookies, since he gets a sugar overload at everyone else's house...started when I was a little girl and my brother was sick, my mom forgot to bake cookies

Rhodin
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:08 AM

You could get a doll that doesn't have that grin on it and dress it up like an elf.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Not really. I kinda want to start the Elf on the Shelf thing, but I can't get over the creepiness factor.

JRSMOM0621
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:13 AM

We didnt really do much as children that I can remember. I am really hoping to get started with something for my own family. Just not sure where to start

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
mamiof4monsters
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:13 AM

yep my husbands family does christmas dinner on christmas eve and everyone opens their gifts at midnight i hate it but i do it since thats what they did when he was growing i always put the tree up before thanksgiving  and so we do that at my hosue and we do crafts through out december with our kids and i also plan on doing a new one with my kids at our house if we can 

JRSMOM0621
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I never could get past the fact you have an Elf watching you 24/7. And a creepy one at that lol I was/ still am freaked out by those people dressed up as Santa thinking they knew my every move I made.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:18 AM
3 moms liked this

My dad would sit next to the tree on Christmas and pass out the gifts to us kids. There were 7 of us. It is one of my favorite memories of growing up. DH has done the honors in our home every year. I get a warm fuzzy feeling every time he takes his place next to the tree. The kids are grown and moved out and DH still sits there Christmas morning and hands me my gifts. When the kids and grandkids arrive he does the same.

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Yep, new jammies for Christmas Eve :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN