Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Drug Addicts.....Are they "scum" wdyt?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 397 Replies
4 moms liked this
I recently posted about DSD being arrested on various drug charges. Many comments were upsetting, not just here, but on Fb and online news articles about the arrests (12 were arrested following a month long investigation) Reading comment after comment like "great job PD put the trash where it belongs" or "yay, lock up the scum bags" was hurtful. These are people with an addiction. She wasn't dealing to make money, she was dealing o my to feed her own addiction (not that it is any excuse at all really). I wonder why people can't see addicts as people. They are daughters and wives, husbands and grandsons. No one wants a loves one to be an addict, but you can't stop them from being an addict either. I can honestly say I never enabled "A", but I also had no control over others that did. My stomach has been in a knot since Friday, and her future is very uncertain. I don't love her any less though, she is still a part of my heart.

What do YOU think about drug addicts? Do you love one?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM
12 moms liked this
Addicts are sick IMO. They need treatment and therapy due to many underline issues. No I don't think they are scum they need help.
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM
13 moms liked this

I think some countries have it right in Europe.  They treat drug addiction like the disease it is, rather than punishing for it. 

Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think they are 'scum' @ all. I think they need help and punishment for breaking the law. And maybe the combination will help them try for a different life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I think they're scum
lhiannan
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think they're scum.  I have a friend that has had drug addiction issues since I have known her (I worked for her mother).  She's a wicked sweetheart, but has severe mental health issues (ptsd from being sexually assualted by her father AND brother-oh, and her mom told my friend that there is something about her that apparently turns ppl into sexual predators), disassociative personality disorder (usually caused by severe abuse), anxiety disorder and depression.  I actually was thinking of writing an essay about how every user has a story.

1stpreggers
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:27 AM

DSD? I think they are sad individuals, they are not scum but the addiction can make them that way.

tardistraveller
3 moms liked this

No I don't.  And I agree, I think they are scumbags.  They disgust me.

Trying4onemore
22 moms liked this
My husband is a 6 year clean herion addict.

He did three years in prison for "dealing" though he never sold a thing only did it but because of the amount on him he was a "dealer"

Anyways he is an Amazing father, man and husband (now)

When he was on drugs he was a horrible person

Would lie to your face
Steal from fanily
Etc

So when he was on drugs was he a scum bag?? Fuck yes he was

However that doesn't mean HE IS a scumbag person when clean....

It took many years, therapy and clean time in order for
Us to work through everything he had put me and the family through

But now years later HE will even tell you, he is an addict no matter what, in 60 years he will STILL be an addict though clean, and that yes he was scum while getting high......

It's not about what you DID it's about what you do after its done
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)