Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FML! Yup, I suck! My confession ***ETA in GREEN 3/19/2014***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 121 Replies
3 moms liked this

Well I go back to the doctors next week. I have to have blood work done this week sometime. I've only lost about 7lbs since my last drs visit. I am down to 304 now. So in all I've lost 21lbs since November. Its not a lot. But its def better than nothing, and better than gaining anything.

The last few weeks I've been sick with bronchitus, the flu, a cold, a sinus infection and then got stuck with the flu a second time. I'm finally better now. So I can start working out again.

Hopefully I can loose another 2lbs or so before I go to the drs. I doubt that will happen tho! =)

Today is Monday January 6th, 2014. Although its not much, and its only been about 3 weeks since I last updated - I am now down to about 315. So a total of 10lbs lost in 2 months. Its not as much as I wanted, but it is what I expected.

I went ahead an ordered a stationary bike - something low impact that will help burn calories. I also have a treadmill. I will use these on opposite days for about 45 mins to an hour a day. I also have bought a few yoga DVD's, and some Zumba DVD's for my daughter and I to do together!

I will eventually post pictures (no face shots tho sorry lol) When I am finally down more weight than just 10lbs.

I go on Thrusday for bloodwork, to check my Cholesterol and Sugar. Then I go back to the drs on the 28th of this month. I'm aiming high tho, I want to loose another 10lbs by the 28th. Thats a lil over 2lbs a week until then!

*For those of you, which is pretty much all of you who offered kind words, advice and well wishes, I just wanted to let you know that I had my one month drs appt yesterday (12/10/13) I have to go once a month to weigh in and have blood work done.

My before weight was approx 325lbs

My weigh yesterday - was 319lbs.

I lost 6lbs in 28 days!

That was basically just cutting out soda. I've been pretty much soda free since November 12th. I did have a sip on Thanksgiving, but I was grossed out by it and almost wanted to vomit because it was so gross lol.

I will update you all when I go back in 6 weeks =)

In high school I was a lean 165lbs at 5 foot 11. Ran all the time and such.

Shortly after I graduated - I was pregnant.

8 1/2 months later, 115lbs heavier - I gave birth to a 5lb 8oz little girl.

So fast forward 8 1/2 years.

I still am fat. I lost most of my baby weight - the wrong way . And gained all of it back plus 45lbs. yay me im 325lbs (as of last week when I went to the drs.

There he gave me news I never thought I hear.

You are "Pre Diabetic"

Meaning - because I eat like shit, and drink soda, and don't exercise that often, I am at a seriously high risk for developing type 2 diabetes.

He put me on metformin and gave me a list of things i needed to do to secure my chances of beating this.

BEFORE I knew this. This is what I used to eat daily!

In the morning before I work I'd stop at the store and grab  TWO 20 oz cokes, TWO 1 oz bags of beef jerky a bag of Cheez it (the big kind) 6 total servings for a whooping almost 900 calories.

And I eat all of that before lunch.

At lunch time - I'd eat out - be it pizza, taco bell, McDonald's, royal farms fried chicken. Prob like at least 1500 calories if not more. Depending on what I'd get.

And at Dinner time - If I didn't eat out somewhere, then I'd eat baked chicken with twice baked potatoes (With sour cream, bacon, Cheddar cheese) , and whatever I'd eat prob be another easy 1500 to 2000 calories.

So then I wondered why I couldnt loose weight.

But last week - last week was an eye opener.

At 430 pm, before leaving work - nervous as hell going to the drs, i finished my last coke ever (or at least for now lol) I am now 3 hours away from being soda free for 7 days.

That night, I went to wal mart to fill my prescription - i walked around and looked at different things, debating what to get to eat. Of course I'm no pro at this. So I got mildly healthy things to start. I picked up a case of water and said this is it.

Since last Tuesday - I have drank nothing but water, and the occasional sweet tea (just because I still feel like that I need that lil push) But my water drinking def outweighs my tea drinking - i may have a total of 2 cups of tea a day.

My breakfast consists of two pieces of whole wheat double fiber toast with 1/2 teaspoon of butter (parkay kind lol) on each slice. I know butter is a no no, but I'm doing this slow.

Lunch usually consists of some fruit, apples, pineapples, kiwi, blueberries, cantaloupe. And some sort of nut - walnuts or almonds.

For snacks at work, I try to stick with pretzels or yogurt.

Dinner I don't do so well at - i eat way way way way way way less than I did. Like 1/4 of the portions. And I find that I am less miserable. Because I don't stuff myself.

So all in all - I am consuming prob way less calories than I should. But I'm not hungry. I don't go hungry.

I am also not going to deny myself the food I want. If I do that (which I've done before) I'll fall off this trying to diet thing and get healthy. So today I treated myself to a crispy chicken sandwich from Burger King (just the sandwich, no condiments and no fries and a medium sweet tea. I ate about half of it before i was full and I threw the rest out.

So if you want to tell me how grossly disgusting I am for what I used to eat, go right ahead. If you want to leave me your yummy recipes for a healthy foods, go ahead!

When I start losing weight, Ive done before and after pictures. I've taken measurments.

I'll post in a few months my progress =)

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Me2girlsandhim
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I applaud you, for making the choice to change! I will pm you with what my husband and I are doing.

Eta, didn't notice you went anon, pm me if you want! And we can talk!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:46 PM

this is long but I needed to get this out. thanks for reading!

Peytonsmom6308
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I don't think any one should tell you that you're disgusting. You realize you've created a problem and now you're trying to fix it. Good for you! Try going out and walking a time or two a day, it's a great place to start. Doesnt have to be long at first or fast, just enjoy the scenery and walk. Good luck!
D.O.E.
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Best of luck with your weight loss journey!
One week of clean eating and it starts to beco.e habit, after a month, you can actually smell how gross pop is. And monster drinks gross! I changed my diet after having my yyoungest, I honestly cannot eat fast food even when I crave it. It tastes like shit now.
Every day keep taking steps in the right direction :-)
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you for making the effort to change!!! My cousin was in the same position a few years ago, she's since lost over 100 pounds. She swears by Hungry Girl recipes (http://www.hungry-girl.com/). The biggest thing for her was learning new recipes and learning to have fun cooking and experiencing new foods, instead of eating out or grabbing convenience foods. Good luck on your journey! 

AllyB_
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:51 PM

way to go! I need to get with it as well. I feel like shit lately because of the way I've been eating. I've been having a hard time since my husband passed away last spring and i've gained like 10lbs :c 

I feel hella sick right now because I had donut holes for breakfast. like, hello, good job no wonder you feel sick! I'm dumb. 

You're doing awesome! I need to give up soda again too. Thanks for posting, it gave me motivation

Tatertot912
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Go you! I'm struggling with my wt too, its so hard to stay focused. Good luck!
LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM
No bashing from me. I'm in the same exact boat.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM

best of luck with your new change!

jslpruitt
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Good luck! atleast your are trying and thats more than most people can say :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured