Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boycott Goodwill!!!!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:42 PM
  • 43 Replies

http://www.upworthy.com/words-like-good-and-will-dont-belong-together-if-this-is-the-kind-of-thing-they-do-5

I will never shop at Goodwill again. I am shocked, angered and saddened. I can't believe this bullshit tactic is legal.

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The.Last.Rebel
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I already do.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

JanineDeer
by Janine on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I USED to shop goodwill, but over the years, their prices are INSANELY high.  give me a break- it's such used goods! When you can get a NEW towel at Target for 4.50.. why would goodwill charge that for USED one?

And sometimes they got clearance items that did not sell, and they put a higher price on them than the clearance racks were! 

I stopped going there. 

strontium
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
i shop local privately owned thrift stores like the one i worked at that supports cystic fibrosis
FelineTopic
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:53 PM
I don't shop goodwill anyway. Don't live near one. However, that doesn't mean I will boycott either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:57 PM

This is ridiculous. The law needs to be changed.....smdh

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Honestly, I agree with the pay they receive. And I have a SIL that is mentally challenged who works at TJ Maxx. She gets government assistance for her disability, so I think that makes up for the lesser scale of pay. The tax dollars of those that make the min wage or more are being used to provide that assistance for disabled persons. Many are unable to perform the jobs at the level that is truly required of the position anyway. They are doing them a favor by giving them the opportunity to work and make a little more spending money. That, along with the assistance they'll get for the rest of their life should be enough.

mama3p
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I vehemently disagree with you and I'm gonna leave it at that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly, I agree with the pay they receive. And I have a SIL that is mentally challenged who works at TJ Maxx. She gets government assistance for her disability, so I think that makes up for the lesser scale of pay. The tax dollars of those that make the min wage or more are being used to provide that assistance for disabled persons. Many are unable to perform the jobs at the level that is truly required of the position anyway. They are doing them a favor by giving them the opportunity to work and make a little more spending money. That, along with the assistance they'll get for the rest of their life should be enough.

starbuckmom03
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

My dh and his sister like to go to a big Goodwill in town and they come home with lots of stuff. I have yet to go down there and probably won't. After watching this, I will be shopping at local thrift stores from now on. If I have things to donate, it will be to the local thrift stores too.

I think its ridiculous for an employee to stand there with a stop watch to see how many pants that gentleman can hang in a minute. And he can only make 2 mistakes. Thats ludicrous.

BrittSam2011
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:27 PM

How is is it right for a multimillion dollar company to give someone 22 cents an hour? That doesn't even make sense. By your thinking we should just send them overseas to work in sweat shops cuz then they'd be making more for what they can actually do, right? 

Quoting Anonymous:

mama3p
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Word!

Quoting BrittSam2011:

How is is it right for a multimillion dollar company to give someone 22 cents an hour? That doesn't even make sense. By your thinking we should just send them overseas to work in sweat shops cuz then they'd be making more for what they can actually do, right? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured