Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think my marriage is over :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Dh and I have been together for 9 years. Married for 6. I have 3 kids, which 2 are his. I love him but I hate how he is. Always grumpy(he lives on medicine) due to a neck problem. He works at a very hands on job. Lifting 50plus pounds for his whole shift. So I give him credit for being a grump. But it's getting old. We don't have anything in common. Besides the kids. He is a good dad. But i wouldn't say a very good husband. He is always negative. We barley talk and if we do its about his job. I don't want to give up on our marriage. I want to go to counseling but our work hours do not allow it. I wish there was a weekend appointment. Honestly he does not express his feelings.:( I feel like were together for the kids and the house. He told me a year ago he did not love me. So I started looking for a new place to live and right before i signed the papers he told me he was sorry and he does love me. I am scared to be a single mom of 3. They are all in sports and still pretty young. I want them to have a family. We don't fight and he does not hit me. So it's basically our lack of communication and his lack of expressing his feelings :( anyone going through this or have??? I do love him buy not like i use to.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:00 PM
I'm sorry. :( have you tried romancing him? Does he respond at all to you being sweet to him?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Yes and I try a lot and get Nothing in return.

Quoting LadyBugMom09:

I'm sorry. :( have you tried romancing him? Does he respond at all to you being sweet to him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Yes, but I really don't think it will ever really work.  Getting so tired of knowing he is talking crap about me--wants every one to think I'm a lazy bitch when he is the asshole not even washing his own damn clothes or dishes, makes a mess and doesnt' clean it up--everything is left to me (he sometimes does a little here and there with the kids but never gives them baths, rarely goes to drs appts, rarely goes to my drs appts to keep the baby busy for me, doesn't pick up toys, leaves his laundry and dishes out, etc). 

Feels like he wanted a mommy to take care of everything in the house and a hooker in the bedroom.

He asked me to pick up chocolate milk for him today--told him no, I do his laundry, I'm the only one who cooks, cleans, etc and I feel like crap and I just needed a couple of things on the other side of the store and if he wasn't willing to come and help I wasn't going that far out of my way to get it for him. (I have fibromyalgia and am in a flare so walking is painful and the more I'm up and moving around the worse I feel)

LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:06 PM
I'm very sorry. :( There's no way you can take a day off at the same time for counseling?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadyBugMom09:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Are you married to my husband too?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I could maybe once a month but his job goes by points and if he uses them up he gets fired :(. I try to have a serious conversation about our marriage and he brings up crap from 9 years ago.

Quoting LadyBugMom09:

I'm very sorry. :( There's no way you can take a day off at the same time for counseling?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadyBugMom09:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I honestly think my dh is a narcissist :(.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you married to my husband too?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN