Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dont like to have kids with you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies

Dh said he loves me and wants another kid, our son is likely autistic, he is 3, i told him i dont want to have kids with him as i dont want my kids suffer. It upset him. Was i mean? No bashing please.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Maybe you caused it.

ramita
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Maybe you could've used different words, but the idea that you know your son as some kind of mental set back and it would be hard to bring in another child, especially right now, is good reasoning. Your other child could end up with serious jealousy issues which will only cause more problems.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Yes, all i wanted is a happy kid, and now i almost hate my dh, and i tell him to go find somebody if he wants another child

Quoting ramita:

Maybe you could've used different words, but the idea that you know your son as some kind of mental set back and it would be hard to bring in another child, especially right now, is good reasoning. Your other child could end up with serious jealousy issues which will only cause more problems.

emandab
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd be upset if I were him.  A little bit of tact goes a long way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:43 PM
That was really cold hearted. Maybe YOURE the reason. I feel bad for your husband
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I think you could have worded differently. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I understand your point, but I think it was worded poorly. And just because a child may be autistic does not mean they are suffering. I am not saying that to bash - just want to point out that a special need does not mean a child is unhappy, they can still have a happy fulfilling life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Cause what? Im not the op but your reply confuses me?

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe you caused it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Holy fuck, yes you were mean, actually a bitch for lack of a better word. Honestly if my Dh ever said anything like that to me I would divorce him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

She's blaming him for her son possibly being autistic.  Then she goes and acts like a bitch to him.  Maybe it's not his fault at all and it's hers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cause what? Im not the op but your reply confuses me?

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe you caused it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)