Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In the future if you could please, pay attention to detail, that would be appreciated!

I sent this to my daughters teacher last night...

Today as I was looking through Paetyn's Monday folder, I looked at her spelling test and noticed she misspelled one word, but still got 100%, that is not 100% that is 98%, please in the future if you could give an accurate grade, that would be appreciated.
Also, I noticed you had misspelled her name, although it is not the traditional spelling of "Peyton", I do expect her name to be spelled correctly, on everything, if you could please in the future also pay attention to that, I would also appreciate it.
The spelling of her name is not a big deal, but I would appreciate a little more attention paid on your part as her teacher, that her name is spelled correctly.

Her teacher called me today, over the phone I could hear the hostility in her tone.
She told me the spelling test, the one she got wrong was extra credit, considering she only missed one, and there are two extra credit answers the grade is still inaccurate. She also said the spelling error of my daughters name, was done by a parent helper, I have seen my daughters, teachers handwriting enough to know this is bullshit, it was her, who spelled it incorrectly.

Now, don't get me wrong, I expected spelling errors to happen when I chose the spelling of my daughters name, but not from a teacher, as it is part of their job to spell children's names correctly.

I explained to her on the phone, that I would appreciate if she would just pay a bit more attention to details, regardless how small. I don't want my daughter to think she is spelling her name wrong, because her teacher is, kwim?

I have multiple issues with my daughters teacher at the moment, she has yet to respond to any of the emails I have sent about the bullying my daughter deals with daily, I have sent her one last email, today, informing her if she continues to ignore the issue, I will be setting up a meeting with the principal. She also often marks things incorrect when they are not. She is also a good friend of my MIL, and discusses my daughter with MIL, which is also irritating because if I wanted MIL to know all about my daughters school experiences I would tell her myself.

She is also very unprofessional in what she shares with her students. I understand children ask questions, but she should be able to answer them without it becoming very personal. Like when she is going to have a sub, ans like students do, they ask why? She can say because she has a doctors appt, and leave it at that. Or something of that nature. They don't need to know you are taking your 2 year old granddaughter to a doctors appt, or that your mother had cancer, or that she died and you have to go to her funeral, this is too much sharing, IMO...and very unprofessional!

RANT OVER!
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
Prplesockmonkey
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:57 PM
The feeling is mutual! However, I am not the only parent who has an issue with her! ;)

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I'm sure this teacher CAN'T WAIT until the end of the year so she doesn't have to deal with this nonesense anymore from you.

Prplesockmonkey
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Why, because a parent was concerned about the lack of attention paid, by somebody they are trusting with their child for 7 hours a day? Yep, makes sense! She wants to be hostile towards me and she will be looking for anothet job! I got my sons teacher fired last year, she can bet same thing can happen to her, if she really wants to push the issue!

Quoting ChicatSixty:

I'd be hostile, too.

19bubbles91
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM
People all ways spell my dds last name wrong.... I tell them nicley about 4 times the correct spelling after 4 times I get kinda pissy about it (her last name is Harman most misspell it like Harmon") it is a little annoying
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Aren't you a peach? 

Prplesockmonkey
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Right, I don't make exceptions for my child's teacher, none! Anybody else, I expect it, but not from somebody whose job it is to make sure my child spells her name correctly, kwim?

Quoting 19bubbles91:

People all ways spell my dds last name wrong.... I tell them nicley about 4 times the correct spelling after 4 times I get kinda pissy about it (her last name is Harman most misspell it like Harmon") it is a little annoying

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:02 PM
12 moms liked this

Going for 2 in a row? Lady you are pathetic.

Quoting Prplesockmonkey:

Why, because a parent was concerned about the lack of attention paid, by somebody they are trusting with their child for 7 hours a day? Yep, makes sense! She wants to be hostile towards me and she will be looking for anothet job! I got my sons teacher fired last year, she can bet same thing can happen to her, if she really wants to push the issue!

Quoting ChicatSixty:

I'd be hostile, too.

poietes
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:02 PM
3 moms liked this
Holy Crap. Just to let you know right now, you will more than likely have an issue with every teacher your daughter has. You are the parent they all bitch about in the teachers lounge. And every teacher will know you and begin every year defensive to anything you say because of what they are told.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope you do call the principal and that they have a good laugh about you.

anotherhalf
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
You sound like a complete pain in the ass.
Prplesockmonkey
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Yep, a great one! I take my children's education seriously, and if the teacher doesn't we have an issue!

Quoting Anonymous:

Aren't you a peach? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN