Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In the future if you could please, pay attention to detail, that would be appreciated!

I sent this to my daughters teacher last night...

Today as I was looking through Paetyn's Monday folder, I looked at her spelling test and noticed she misspelled one word, but still got 100%, that is not 100% that is 98%, please in the future if you could give an accurate grade, that would be appreciated.
Also, I noticed you had misspelled her name, although it is not the traditional spelling of "Peyton", I do expect her name to be spelled correctly, on everything, if you could please in the future also pay attention to that, I would also appreciate it.
The spelling of her name is not a big deal, but I would appreciate a little more attention paid on your part as her teacher, that her name is spelled correctly.

Her teacher called me today, over the phone I could hear the hostility in her tone.
She told me the spelling test, the one she got wrong was extra credit, considering she only missed one, and there are two extra credit answers the grade is still inaccurate. She also said the spelling error of my daughters name, was done by a parent helper, I have seen my daughters, teachers handwriting enough to know this is bullshit, it was her, who spelled it incorrectly.

Now, don't get me wrong, I expected spelling errors to happen when I chose the spelling of my daughters name, but not from a teacher, as it is part of their job to spell children's names correctly.

I explained to her on the phone, that I would appreciate if she would just pay a bit more attention to details, regardless how small. I don't want my daughter to think she is spelling her name wrong, because her teacher is, kwim?

I have multiple issues with my daughters teacher at the moment, she has yet to respond to any of the emails I have sent about the bullying my daughter deals with daily, I have sent her one last email, today, informing her if she continues to ignore the issue, I will be setting up a meeting with the principal. She also often marks things incorrect when they are not. She is also a good friend of my MIL, and discusses my daughter with MIL, which is also irritating because if I wanted MIL to know all about my daughters school experiences I would tell her myself.

She is also very unprofessional in what she shares with her students. I understand children ask questions, but she should be able to answer them without it becoming very personal. Like when she is going to have a sub, ans like students do, they ask why? She can say because she has a doctors appt, and leave it at that. Or something of that nature. They don't need to know you are taking your 2 year old granddaughter to a doctors appt, or that your mother had cancer, or that she died and you have to go to her funeral, this is too much sharing, IMO...and very unprofessional!

RANT OVER!
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:13 PM
2 moms liked this
Your child is going to be hated in school because of YOU.

Quoting Prplesockmonkey:

Yes so poor, because her parent actually gives a shit! As long as the teacher does their job, we'll have no issues!

My daughters teacher, has failed in that department, miserably! I could have her fired, for discussing my child with anybody outside of the classroom that is not her parent! She failed by discussing with my MIL, miserably!

Quoting Anonymous:

Your poor child and whoever has the misfortune of being her teacher.

Prplesockmonkey
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM
This isn't the first time, she has done this since the beginning of the year, she corrects things that aren't incorrect, all. The. Time.

It's rare to actually get anything with a correct grade on it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, I've had parents like you. If this was the first time she's made a grading error, please remember that we teachers are humans and make mistakes. Don't be an ass about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I can't get past the fact you chose to spell your daughter's name Paetyn. Expecting, no, demanding a teacher remember such ridiculous spelling is quite astounding.

To be honest, you sound like the mother bitch of all mother bitches. Even if everything at your daughters school was perfect you'd find something to bitch about.

Anonymous
You suck.
Anonymous
I've had that issue with incorrect scores and DD's name misspelled. My dd is Elizabeth- teacher used to spell it - Elyzabeth. I corrected her then dd's report card came home and yup she did it again- elisabeth. My dd ,who was in 3rd grade, and I talked it over and since then she is LIZZIE. FFS... Even chosing a traditional spelling of a name some just can't comprehend things.
And for other issues I've found contacting the school anytime is best by email only. Always best to have proof just in case...
Anonymous
Oh wow. Poor kids!

Quoting NewInChrist:

Honestly, I don't blame you one bit. I spelled my son's name different (Kayleb) and if his teacher spelled it wrong I would be annoyed.

I mean, it's not like it's the first week of school...

Buuuut, I won't be dealing with teachers because I'm going to homeschool...

WaffleHead
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:15 PM
You're joking right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Prplesockmonkey
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM
She is bound by law to not talk to anybody about students specifically, and she is only her grandmother by marriage, and quite frankly, she has no right to be discussing her students with anybody but their parents! And I can get her fired for her negligence on the bullying, I have more ground to stand on, than what she realizes!

Quoting Anonymous:

She's not a doctor or lawyer and is not bound to confidentiality when talking to her friend about her grand daughter. I imagine you're a complete nightmare to that school.

Quoting Prplesockmonkey:

Be that as it may, but discussing my child with anybody other than my husband or myself is too much! Misspelling a child's name is not tolerable. And not grading things accordingly is laziness! Along with a slew of other issues!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yikes. you would be my parent from hell. sorry but your a bit overbearing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Teach your precious snow flake shut the hell up while you are on the!

Quoting Prplesockmonkey:

Because my 3 year old was trying to talk to me, and her tone suggested she wasn't listening to anything I said!

Quoting hisgirl616:

Why didn't you talk to the teacher about the bullying while you were on the phone with her?

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Whoa.  Your spelling, grammar, punctuation usage and writing style do not exactly reflect intelligence and refinement, there, snowflake.

Poor teacher.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)