Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**Update - Teacher response** This happened to my son in the school bathroom today!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 149 Replies
2 moms liked this
I am so furious! So ok, my sons school has a color system - green is good, yellow is 1st warning, orange is 2nd warning and so on. He is in first grade.

He comes home today with an orange note saying he was playing in the bathroom. As I confront him about it he is almost in tears telling me he promises he wasn't playing (he was worried he was going to get in trouble). But to my disbelief he starts telling me that he screamed when he was in the stall because another boy from his class was peeking at his private parts from under the stall. Then I hear that when he went to tell his teacher, she wouldn't even listen to him!!!!! Hence the note explaining he was playing?!? I know my son would NOT lie about something like this. He's such a good kid.

Anyway, I am livid at this point!!! I sent her an email explaining to her what truely had happened and she would have known if she actually listened to my son. We taught him that if anyone, and I mean ANYONE, that ever touches or looks at him innapropriately that makes him uncomfortable to scream and run away from the situation and tell a trusted adult immediately. This even goes for young kids. He did the right thing in my mind and he is at no fault whatsoever! His teacher is wrong for not taking the time to hear what he had to say.

I am starting to get even more pi$$ed off sitting here waiting for an email back from her.

Edit: for those of you that keep saying boys will be boys and get over it.....that's not why I am mad! I am mad over the fact that HE was upset over what happened and the fact that he went to tell the teacher and SHE WOULDN'T LISTEN to him and instead he gets in trouble!

Edit 2: I just got an email back from his teacher. She profusely apologized for the incident and told me it was a complete misunderstanding. She said that another teacher brought my son and the other child back to her class saying they were being loud and disruptive in the restroom. She said she is going to apologize to my son and have a word with the other child explaining that his actions are inappropriate. She just went with what the other teacher had said and that she wants my son to never feel as if he can't talk to her.

I will have another talk with my son once school is out. Now I want to know if it was his teacher he was trying to talk to or the other teacher that brought him back to class. :/
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:56 PM
3 moms liked this
I would go to the school in the morning
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:58 PM
2 moms liked this

I would be pissed too update with what the teacher says 

saphiraka
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:59 PM

update?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM
4 moms liked this
All he got was a warning. Have you considered that you might be blowing this out of proportion?
Connorsmommy13
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

My DS principal tried to take away his bathroom "privilages" in grade 1 for the exact same reason. I went in there trying to figure out why this other little boy hadnt been talked too and she goes to me "When your son was just peeing we have urinals for that" I told her that he didnt like using those because he doesnt like people seeing his privates I told her give him back his bathroom rights or  I was going to the media...I should have just gone to the media right out...

Stay strong Mama!

Connorsmommy13
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

All he got was a warning. Have you considered that you might be blowing this out of proportion?

some one was peeking at her son going to the bathroom...would you be okay with that???

disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Quoting saphiraka:

update?

I don't know where OP is but here it's after 6.  I wouldn't expect a reply until tomorrow.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd be in the principal's office in the morning.  The peeping tom needs to be dealt with.

TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:04 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe the other boy was just playing, not peeking at his private parts? Kids play.
CV3
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I would be too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)