Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teacher Tells Students They Are Wasting Space

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:02 AM
  • 15 Replies

I was dropping my kids off at school this morning when I heard this story on the radio. A teacher in Pike Co. Kentucky was recorded telling her 6th grade class that they were "wasting space, breathing air someone else could benefit from" because they weren't doing their work. The DJ then SIDED with the teacher, saying that teachers should be allowed to teach how they see fit.

Normally, I side with the teacher. But after watching this video and hearing what she says, I think she went too far. I get that she was frustrated, but to say what she said was a bit much.

Here's the video. What do you think?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=668165159881578

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4girlsmum
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I agree with you

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Bump 4 later

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I think that teacher ought to be knocked down a few notches and be reminded that without those children, she wouldn't have a job.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM
It's a bit over the top...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:18 AM

i can see a teacher stretched to the point and losing faith in the kids she's teaching who refuse to participate and accomplish homework and she'd blurt that out during a moment of frustration... it's messed up what she said, no doubt but there are kids with no education in different countries would kill to do homework and actually learn something.

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree.

I went to a catholic elementary school and teachers did stuff like this ALL the time.
My parents were coming in for parent teacher conferences all the time because even when I was 8 or 9...I was calling out teachers "don't you think that's mean? Isn't that rude? Is that what Jesus would say?"

Lol....yeah. My parents sent me to public school after that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Many kids are a waste of space and it's their parent's fault.  We are in the generation of entitlement and parents are raising their offspring to believe that they deserve rewards just for breathing.  Uh no.

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Lol...the comments on that video make my brain hurt.

Mistygirl
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:30 AM

My kids teacher better hope she never says that to my kids. 

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Sorry,but many kids ARE just wasting space. So this teacher said this - the kids will get over it, and maybe, just maybe, one or two might get motivated.

But I blame the parents of those kids more than the kids.  Instill a love of learning and a respect for authority.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN