Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Our neighbor killed himself

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And his seventeen year old daughter found him.  SO sad!  Don't people know that tomorrow is always better?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:35 AM

unless tomorrow isnt better, or the day after that. While I feel terribly for the people who only see that as an option... and I feel terribly for their families... I would never condemn someone for choosing that as an option.

Ive been there, Ive felt that overwhelming blackness, I've been to the point where I felt the world would be better off without me. Ive spent months and years in that place.  Sometimes it really does NOT get better 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Tomorrow isnt always better. Its a sad situation all the way around.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:38 AM
For some, getting out of that black hole seems impossible. They feel reaching out is a burden. Hell, they feel they are a burden. Very sad. Poor girl.. No child should have to find their parent that way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:39 AM
:( Poor girl. My fiance killed himself and I found him. I hope she can find peace within herself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:39 AM

but you sound as though you are better now.  it will always get better if you want it to get better

Quoting anyotherday:

unless tomorrow isnt better, or the day after that. While I feel terribly for the people who only see that as an option... and I feel terribly for their families... I would never condemn someone for choosing that as an option.

Ive been there, Ive felt that overwhelming blackness, I've been to the point where I felt the world would be better off without me. Ive spent months and years in that place.  Sometimes it really does NOT get better 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:40 AM
5 moms liked this
People who say that suicide is selfish clearly has very little understanding of what the word 'selfish' actually means.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:40 AM
It always seems like people commit suicide right around the holidays which I think makes it all the more sadder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Suicide is a terrible thing. People who do it don't see any other way out. I've been down that path. It's hard to overcome the darkness in your own mind.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:41 AM

No. It's very hard for some of us to realize that. 

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Me too. Hugs mama. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Suicide is a terrible thing. People who do it don't see any other way out. I've been down that path. It's hard to overcome the darkness in your own mind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)