Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Our neighbor killed himself

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And his seventeen year old daughter found him.  SO sad!  Don't people know that tomorrow is always better?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Replies (41-50):
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:04 AM

It is so very sad. My son killed himself on Aug 1. His last words were "tell my mama I'm sorry and I love her". He didn't have a history of depression and had many friends and family that loved him. I have no idea why he thought in that moment that it couldn't get better. So now I am left thinking it will never get better, and it may not. I have my girls to care for and I do the best I can.

sexysiren1983
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:04 AM

so sad. unfortunately the funny thing (not funny but distinct) thing about clinical depression is it makes ppl think there is no hope. he probably needed mental help a long time agoa nd never got it.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Oh, that's horrible! That poor girl, having to live with that for the rest of her life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM
A friends dad killed himself. They lived thirty minutes from the nearest rescue station so he called 911 and told them he was going to kill himself, to come pick him up. By the time they got there he was dead (hung himself from his tree stand). At least his daughter and wife didn't find him.

Quoting Anonymous:

He shot himself.  She found him and called 911 but was so upset and histerical she wouldn't open the door for the police and they had to bust the door down to get in.  It's just selfish to me, leaving that way and knowing that a member of your family is sure to find you.  so sad

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Ugh, that's awful, poor girl.  How did he do it?  Was he married?

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM

This is true. I don't call people that commit suicide selfish. Sometimes your own personal hell seems to have no end, or you feel as if you are dragging everyone down with you.

Quoting anyotherday:

unless tomorrow isnt better, or the day after that. While I feel terribly for the people who only see that as an option... and I feel terribly for their families... I would never condemn someone for choosing that as an option.

Ive been there, Ive felt that overwhelming blackness, I've been to the point where I felt the world would be better off without me. Ive spent months and years in that place.  Sometimes it really does NOT get better 

pregnant

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Different anon, and just curious. How do you charge your phone and keep it charged enough to get on CM if you have no power? I'm genuinely curious.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep.

Quoting Anonymous:

No power and yet you are online, on your phone I presume?

Quoting Anonymous:

Right now today isn't better then yesterday and if it wasn't for the five year old who is singing in the bathroom by candle light. I wouldn't be here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I've felt suicidal before but would never do that to my kids.

momwriter
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Oh my. I'm so sorry.

Quoting scarletmeshell:

It is so very sad. My son killed himself on Aug 1. His last words were "tell my mama I'm sorry and I love her". He didn't have a history of depression and had many friends and family that loved him. I have no idea why he thought in that moment that it couldn't get better. So now I am left thinking it will never get better, and it may not. I have my girls to care for and I do the best I can.

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Agreed.

It's apparently the only time it's acceptable to judge someone for being unable to overcome their illness. It's sad.

Quoting Anonymous:

I see alot of you saying suicide is selfish. Suicide is not selfish when you believe it is the only way to make things better for yourself, the people that do it probably don't even think about the people they love missing them. I hate when people say that suicide is selfish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Im not that person but they make car chargers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Different anon, and just curious. How do you charge your phone and keep it charged enough to get on CM if you have no power? I'm genuinely curious.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep.

Quoting Anonymous:

No power and yet you are online, on your phone I presume?

Quoting Anonymous:

Right now today isn't better then yesterday and if it wasn't for the five year old who is singing in the bathroom by candle light. I wouldn't be here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)