Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just a pity party vent...

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM
  • 11 Replies

I'm so tired of being in pain all the time. It's getting worse. Last night I could barely bend down to kiss my kids goodnight. :( I had a little crying fit in the kitchen after they went to bed. I took a Tramadol and it didn't help anything, so I took another. After that I could finally walk without being in total agony, but when I take that stuff I have such restless sleep. I was up every hour. I can't take it during the day when I have the kids to take care of. I take Ibuprofen, and it helps a little but not for long.

I don't know what's wrong with me :( The pain started in my hip years ago and the doctors brushed me off because I was "too young" to have any real problem. Then the pain went to my knee and ankle. I saw a sports medicine doctor after being brushed off again by a family doctor. He said my pain was basically from having no arch in my foot and over-pronating. I'm glad he paid attention to me, but I don't think he's right. My pain is in both legs now, my lower back hurts so bad I can hardly move sometimes, I have no strength in my wrists or hands, my arms hurt, and I'm always completely exhausted. This morning, walking feels like my knee is going to explode or give out.

I have always been able to do everything. My house always clean, cook homemade dinner every night, play with my kids...I got the kids ready for school this morning and made breakfast for my 2 yr old and myself and I'm totally wiped out. I have laundry that needs to be done, stuff from yesterday I just didn't have the energy to fold since I went grocery shopping. I can't keep up because I hurt so bad and I'm so tired. Idk what to do :(

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
This is the time when you need to be your own advocate. Stop letting doctors brush you off or give you bs answers. Get 2nd, 3rd, 4th opinions. Do what you need to do to be healthy for your family. Good luck mama!
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I suggest a chiropractor.  Good luck!

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Hugs - I can sympathize :( - Going through something similar too.

Like a pp said, you may have to go through a couple different doctors to find what's really going on.  I'm just starting the process myself, I hope they believe me.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama. Keep talking until they do! 

Quoting dandylynes:

Like a pp said, you may have to go through a couple different doctors to find what's really going on.  I'm just starting the process myself, I hope they believe me.

Goodbye.BlueSky
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I intend to once I get the kids' dentist appointments and check ups out of the way. They're all clumped together here at the end of the year.

I feel like I could sleep an entire day right now. 

Normally I can just push through the pain and do what I need to. These past few days, though, it's been unbearable :(

Quoting Anonymous:

This is the time when you need to be your own advocate. Stop letting doctors brush you off or give you bs answers. Get 2nd, 3rd, 4th opinions. Do what you need to do to be healthy for your family. Good luck mama!

Goodbye.BlueSky
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I got the impression from the family doctor I saw that she thought I was a pill head trying to get pills. It seems like if you go in saying you're in pain, they automatically just think you're an addict trying to get painkillers. Especially when they can't SEE anything wrong with you.

Quoting dandylynes:

JayTee80
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:48 AM

You should talk with your primary about seeing a rheumatologist.  This could be arthritic or autoimmune.  Those disorders do happen to young people. 

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:16 AM

That's kind of what I'm worried about.  She did send me a referral to a rheumatologist though.  That appointment isn't until January.

Quoting Goodbye.BlueSky:

I got the impression from the family doctor I saw that she thought I was a pill head trying to get pills. It seems like if you go in saying you're in pain, they automatically just think you're an addict trying to get painkillers. Especially when they can't SEE anything wrong with you.

Quoting dandylynes:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:18 AM
That is the exact moment that you decide you need a different doctor. I understand that there are a lot of people who abuse pain meds and that has desensitized doctors to the idea that anyone is in real pain. But a good doctor can tell the difference, even if she had thought you were a pill head, her JOB is to do the tests to rule out other things first, not to make assumptions. I was once blown off as a med hound, a week later I was admitted to the hospital incoherant and in need of surgery to basically drain my kidneys (admitted for 2 weeks, the first of which I don't remember) my doctor apologized (A LOT) for blowing me off. You can bet I made him feel like an ass.

Quoting Goodbye.BlueSky:

Quoting dandylynes:

pinkfairy0206
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I do the same thing, I put myself last. Sounds like you need to get another opinion asap!

Quoting Goodbye.BlueSky:

I intend to once I get the kids' dentist appointments and check ups out of the way. They're all clumped together here at the end of the year.

I feel like I could sleep an entire day right now. 

Normally I can just push through the pain and do what I need to. These past few days, though, it's been unbearable :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN