Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some people don't know how to parent their kids at Walmart!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok l was in Wal-Mart the other day standing in line to check out and about 4 lanes down a lady with a boy about 5 or 6 ( l know this cause he was in a school uniform ) so he was old enough to know better, he was yelling and crying because his mom wouldn't let him get a toy now this went on for 15 or 20mins so the lady finish checking out and this kid still yelling so she is coming pass my checkout lane, now l had heard all l wanted to hear so l said to the mom "why don't you give him something to cry about" she turned and said "what do you want me to do beat him here in front of everyone" then l said " well if you take care of it at home he wouldn't act like that out and shame on you not the boy it's your fault not his then l told the little boy if l was Santa you wouldn't be getting any toys for Christmas either" then the mom said "oh l guess you were a perfect mom " and l said "oh no way but l will tell you this l have 10grandkids and could bring them all in this store and if l said no you can't have it there is no way they would yell at me like that" she walked out of the store and the older man behind me said good for you for saying something,so was l wrong for saying something or did l do what most want to do???

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:17 AM
MWHAHAHAHHA! I would have more than likely said the same thing. But I don't have 10 grandkids, just 5 children!!!
Rust.n.Gears
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:17 AM
6 moms liked this

I can't stand old ass women like you who think they know it all. I have been through that with foster children and no I will not hit them. I can't legally. I deal with it my own way and if that means you have to listen to that child holler a little well you will get over it. You don't know their story and you need to mind your own business.

MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Urgh, you know, you're an ass, I had some woman do this to me the other day for my ds screeching because he was bored, he's 2, but that had me in tears, and no doubt this woman was struggling just the same way I was. I can't believe there are women like you out there. Gosh!

Krysta784
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:19 AM
9 moms liked this

Wow, lady. Mind your own fucking business. You have no idea if that mom had had a bad day, if her son was special needs, if they even do Santa at their home, etc.  You were WAY out of line. 

Not "good for you". SHAME ON YOU for assuming that out of 15 minutes you witnessed that you can determine whether someone is a good parent or not. You cannot be witness to that small a part of someone's life and make assumptions. We all have bad moments, harried moments, moments when we just want to get done and get home. 

We don't need snooty old bitties like you telling us we are doing a shitty job. We all do the best we can. 

Keep your stupid assumptions to yourself next time. I feel for that poor mama. She should have slapped YOU. 

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:19 AM

bouncingsidesplittinglaughter

KatieFlower
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:20 AM
3 moms liked this
no matter how great we moms all think we are we can't control our kids every mood, perhaps the boy is a good boy but it was a bad day. No one is perfect. You can keep your thoughts to yourself next time. I'm sure the mom was humiliated as it was.
She didn't need you to tell her that her kid was acting up
And no I don't believe in corporal punishment
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

How do you know it went on for 15 or 20 minutes?  Were you following them around like a crazy person???  She may not have had time to take him out till he calmed and maybe needed to just get the shopping done.  She didn't give in to the tantrum which shows good parenting right there.  You were completely out of line to speak to her and her child like that.  It wasn't your place, and you probably came off as obnoxious and crazy to other people watching you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Troll! Lol bc if you had said that to me about MY child you would be getting your ass beat and then you would have something to cry about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:22 AM
2 moms liked this
Congratulations, you are one of the trashy people of Walmart.
StarLight23
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Saving my place so the drama can unfold

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured