Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Some people don't know how to parent their kids at Walmart!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok l was in Wal-Mart the other day standing in line to check out and about 4 lanes down a lady with a boy about 5 or 6 ( l know this cause he was in a school uniform ) so he was old enough to know better, he was yelling and crying because his mom wouldn't let him get a toy now this went on for 15 or 20mins so the lady finish checking out and this kid still yelling so she is coming pass my checkout lane, now l had heard all l wanted to hear so l said to the mom "why don't you give him something to cry about" she turned and said "what do you want me to do beat him here in front of everyone" then l said " well if you take care of it at home he wouldn't act like that out and shame on you not the boy it's your fault not his then l told the little boy if l was Santa you wouldn't be getting any toys for Christmas either" then the mom said "oh l guess you were a perfect mom " and l said "oh no way but l will tell you this l have 10grandkids and could bring them all in this store and if l said no you can't have it there is no way they would yell at me like that" she walked out of the store and the older man behind me said good for you for saying something,so was l wrong for saying something or did l do what most want to do???

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Replies (41-50):
egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I really hope you're trolling. But in case you're not, you acted like an ass. Kids are not perfect little robots, they all have great moments and bad moments. Even the best parent with the best behaved child has rough moments. Criticizing an already stressed mother is a jerk move, especially considering she wasn't giving in to his tantrum as many other parents might have. You shouldn't feel proud of yourself, you should feel ashamed of your own behavior.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I think you crossed the line.  That was WAY over the top.  You have no idea what lead up to that point or what she was feeling or what she does at home. 

MrsErdos2011
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Keep your nose on your face. 

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:42 AM

You were wrong, obviously.

I would've had something to say to you in return if I'd overheard, and it certainly wouldn't be good job.

Lynette
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM
You have no right. Especially the part where you addressed the child. And she was handling it the right way! She wasn't giving in and buying the desired object.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Omg, no one should ever say anything unless the child is in grave danger. You don't know that mom personally. Geesh. Get off your high horse, you were wrong to say anything. Keep your trap shut. You didn't help at all!

that boy may have had asbergers or autism. Those things aren't always able to be "seen"! 

Kids act out sometimes even your 10 grand kids who would never. 

Lilfootmommy
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM
You were totally wrong. It wasnt your place to say a damn thing.
Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM

yes you were wrong.   you need to mind your own business unless she was actually beatin him then butt out

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I have never had anyone do to me the things they say they do online and I've had my kids act up in stores.  Kids do have free will; people forget that. And smacking him in a store what's that going to do other than make him cry harder and cause a bigger scene, smh? I've been stared at I'm sure, that's about it.  But yeah the kid and the mom were having a lousy day, way to make her feel ever that much better.  Surprised she didn't snap at the OP...

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

Wow! You have nerve. You're lucky she didn't give you something to cry about. I always wonder if people on here really do & say the things they say they do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I don't agree with the whole Santa won't bring gifts for being naughty either. We all know good and well that is the biggest empty threat known to mankind!

next time mind your own business!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN