Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you make your beds everyday? (small edit added)

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:15 AM
  • 383 Replies
1 mom liked this

So do you make your bed daily?  What about your kids, do you require theirs are made (whether they do it or you/someone else)?  By 'making the bed', I mean fully arranging all bedding including a spread or comforter or whatever you have.  I'm not referring to changing/washing the bedding on a regular basis.  

The reason I ask is I commented elsewhere on the subject...I metioned I very rarely make my bed and I don't require the kids to do so either.  You'd have thought from the comments back that I had confessed to cannibalism or something equally horrifying.

Personally, I think it's one of the silliest, most time-wasting tasks to do. We are just going to get back in it that night.  No one is going to see them. I pick up the pillows DH throws on the floor during the night and toss them back on the bed (he is a crazy sleeper).   But otherwise...I don't think it's necessary.  I just don't see the point.   So if you do make the bed-why?  Do you really care about it or is it just a habit?

(And yes, I change the sheets on a regular basis, and I'm not lazy or a slob or dirty-the house/possessions are taken care of, clean, picked up, fairly organized, etc. )

Edit-When i say we don't make the bed, I don't mean that the sheets and blankets are laying in a big wad and/or hanging over the edge. My side stays pretty neat all night; DH's looks like whirlwind hit it, but we both pull them straight as we get out of bed.  So we aren't getting into a giant mess at night, I can't do that either.  They aren't perfect but are essentially straight, are tucked in properly, and are not lumpy/wadded/twisted up or anything.  Well except for DS, as he literally forms a burrow of his bedding, I have all but welded the bedding in at night and he still manages to make his little nest in his sleep, so we just straighten but not re-tuck everything and I don't force the issue.

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
art.diva
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM

When I remember.  lol

morgan483
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I wish I had the time each morning. No, I don't. I wash bedding every weekend and make them then...it's the only time I get to see the rooms in perfection. Ugh!

anon71
by Momma Squirrel on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Yes.
heatherh610
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM
I change my sheets 2 times a week, but no, I don't make my bed daily...and neither do my children. There are much more important priorities imo.
imakehimscream
by He screams on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Yes
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Not usually. I generally do it right before bedtime so they are comfortable. Or every thursday when I change the sheets lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it irritates me to no end to have blankets and pillows all fucked up. My kids make their own and I my husband usually makes ours as the baby is usually still sleeping in my bed when I leave for work.

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM
When we lived in our house, yes... now that we are in our camper... no lol most days we do more than half our schoolwork in our beds lol. Its easier to spread books and stuff out and there is way more room on a bed. :-)
nicki1018
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:19 AM
I wash sheet regularly and I make all the beds everyday.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:19 AM
No I don't but when I was younger my step mom told me you sleep better if the bed was made bed..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN