Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you make your beds everyday? (small edit added)

Posted by   + Show Post

So do you make your bed daily?  What about your kids, do you require theirs are made (whether they do it or you/someone else)?  By 'making the bed', I mean fully arranging all bedding including a spread or comforter or whatever you have.  I'm not referring to changing/washing the bedding on a regular basis.  

The reason I ask is I commented elsewhere on the subject...I metioned I very rarely make my bed and I don't require the kids to do so either.  You'd have thought from the comments back that I had confessed to cannibalism or something equally horrifying.

Personally, I think it's one of the silliest, most time-wasting tasks to do. We are just going to get back in it that night.  No one is going to see them. I pick up the pillows DH throws on the floor during the night and toss them back on the bed (he is a crazy sleeper).   But otherwise...I don't think it's necessary.  I just don't see the point.   So if you do make the bed-why?  Do you really care about it or is it just a habit?

(And yes, I change the sheets on a regular basis, and I'm not lazy or a slob or dirty-the house/possessions are taken care of, clean, picked up, fairly organized, etc. )

Edit-When i say we don't make the bed, I don't mean that the sheets and blankets are laying in a big wad and/or hanging over the edge. My side stays pretty neat all night; DH's looks like whirlwind hit it, but we both pull them straight as we get out of bed.  So we aren't getting into a giant mess at night, I can't do that either.  They aren't perfect but are essentially straight, are tucked in properly, and are not lumpy/wadded/twisted up or anything.  Well except for DS, as he literally forms a burrow of his bedding, I have all but welded the bedding in at night and he still manages to make his little nest in his sleep, so we just straighten but not re-tuck everything and I don't force the issue.

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Replies (381-383):
cox3
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:38 PM
No. Never.
MsRkg
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:39 PM
If I have the time to spare sure, otherwise who cares.
spotsmom
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:42 AM

yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN