Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$900 for 4 kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 139 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am thinking about spending around $900 on all four kids for Christmas. I really hope I don't go over this amount. I hate when my savings gets too low. 

But that will put both little kids at around 8 presents each (give or take) and a couple stocking stuffer presents (small ones I like to put in the stockings)

Then both teens will get 3 to 4 presents each and will each get a $100 gift card. Their presents will be stuff they either asked for or stuff I know they want/like. 

Does this seem reasonable?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

IF you can afford it go for it .I will be spending around 400 on my one child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends on what teens want. Lol bigger they get the pricier the stuff.
righteousrose
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this
More than reasonable by my standards, as long as you can afford it.
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Cool. It's not about price. Get them whatever you want.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:07 PM
3 moms liked this
Some moms exagerrate so much. How is 900$ not enough for 4kids? What the hell do you buy them to spend 900$ on them. Its like me saying "ohh is 10000000 enough for my two kids?" What the hell. You know what enough or not. Stop asking us. And if you wouldnt spoil your kids so much you wouldnt have to go over tour budget. 900 is more than enough. Some kids dont even get nothing .
EmeraldBirdie
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like they"ll have a nice Christmas nativity

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm just asking.  I feel it's a bit much actually.

And my kids don't get anything during the year except for necessities... If they want something, we make them earn it (even the younger kids, they have extra chores to do to earn an allowance). They only get birthdays and christmas to look forward to each year when it comes to getting stuff from me as a gift. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Some moms exagerrate so much. How is 900$ not enough for 4kids? What the hell do you buy them to spend 900$ on them. Its like me saying "ohh is 10000000 enough for my two kids?" What the hell. You know what enough or not. Stop asking us. And if you wouldnt spoil your kids so much you wouldnt have to go over tour budget. 900 is more than enough. Some kids dont even get nothing .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:39 PM

See, neither teen has really told me what they wanted. Maybe one item each. So I have decided to buy the item they each want (which is inexpensive thank God), and a couple other little things, then give them money to go shopping with. Who doesn't want money? lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Depends on what teens want. Lol bigger they get the pricier the stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes but I hate gift cards they are so unpersonal. I would skip it and buy them a few extra presents.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN