Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My teacher was killed...I can't stop thinking about her.

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM
  • 20 Replies
She was shot in the head by her husband on Monday before he shot and killed himself. He sent a text message saying he couldn't let her suffer any longer. She was 61.

She was an instructor at my court reporting school. I used to go outside to smoke on breaks and she would sit with me and my friends to smoke and bullsh*t, we got close.

Her personal story was unbelievably heartbreaking. She married the man of her dreams when she was 15. (She used to pass pictures of him around so we could all talk about how handsome he was.) He was a pharmacist and she became a court reporter. A few short years after she graduated, they were stopped at a stop sign in their car and a truck lost control and plowed into their car, killing her 3 year old son in the backseat, almost killing her and ending her pregnancy at 5 months along. She was in the hospital for over a year for sugeries and recovery. She assumed her husband would leave her, but he didn't. He used to tell her he loved every scar because it meant he still had her. She was never able to have more kids and she was unable to work as a court reporter.

I don't know about you, but I'm not sure I could possibly go on after that. I can't imagine losing my children and my purpose in life like that. Believe me when I tell you that woman had the most positive attitude and was the most encouraging teacher on campus.

She loved to dress up, I remember her smoking in her full length fur coat (she was like 4 ft tall) and she was always telling me to come to her house and go through her clothes because I was poor and broke, having trouble buying professional clothing. (It was a sweet offer, although her clothes were ancient :) Once, I had a cold drink from Starbucks and she walked up and swiped her finger through my whipped cream and popped it into her mouth. It was one of those times my friends and I just looked at each other like, "Did that really just happen?? Who does that??" She used to give us sex and love advice, she used to hit on our husbands and boyfriends. She was adorable.

I'm so sad. I know they loved each other, so she must've been suffering terribly to bring him to that point. She's one of those people I'll always be able to remember as clearly as if she was standing in front of me. Rest easy, Dollie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kyndall30
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I'm so sorry. You clearly cared very much about her.
mama111609
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM

This is so sad.  :( I am sorry for your loss.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Who did she send that message to? She just have been hiding the pain from her students.
mom2many2count
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Consider yourself blessed to have known such a lady.

piercedbeauty21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Omg, I'm so sorry for you loss.
kaysha
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:53 PM
So sorry
mojogirl
by Gunnery Sgt Hartman on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:54 PM

simple frown

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Quoting mama111609:

This is so sad.  :( I am sorry for your loss.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:55 PM

That is so sad.  But the woman will live on in yours and the memories of all of her students.  People like that truly touch your heart, and are never forgotten.

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.  At least now she's no longer in pain and she is with high school sweetheart.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured