Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My six 6 old went without permission into our room and found my tampons

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He was not suppose to go in there but my husband was on the phone with his mom in Australia and wasn't watching him and I was out grocery shopping. He found my tampons in our bathroom and he ran to ask daddy what they were and my husband told him they were a band aid of sorts. A day later his friend comes over and happens to cut himself. My son runs to my bathroom and gives him a tampon. He takes it home in his backpack where his mom finds it. Keep in my mind I did not know any of this happened. I am at work and his mom calls me irate telling me I should put my tampons were my son cant find them. I feel bad but she was like calling me the worlds worst mom. WTH?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Replies (21-30):
bamamommy2009
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Lol sorry that is funny but you are not the worst mom ever at least he was trying to help his friend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Oh, the humanity! The child touched a tampon. Your mother needs to grow the hell up and get a grip. It's a tampon. It's not like we can help having to use them.
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Oh, FFS!  Explain to your son that they are something that Mommy's use when they need them.

MidwestMama55
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Why on earth is finding a tampon a bad thing? Tell him in whatever way is appropriate what they are used for (your husband did a good job with the band aid analogy). The other mom is way out of line. You have no reason to feel bad about anything. I'd tell her tampons are a fact of life, not evil, and this is so not a big deal. I think the whole thing is kinda funny really. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:32 PM
4 moms liked this
Tell your mom I keep super sized pads in my car in case I come onto a car accident. Best blood absorber, ever. Yes. I will use a pad to stop you from bleeding to death. Deal. Lol
MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM
This. And it could be worse.i found the Joy of Sex when I was a kid. Talk about an eye opener lol.

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Good grief! It was a tampon, not a gun or sex toy.

ToniTennille
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Tell her it's a tampon and to get over it! Maybe she should pull out the one she has shoved up her butt...

Howardx5
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:34 PM

My 2 year old got into an entire box of tampons, opened them all, and took every one of them out of the applicator. 

embarrassing maybe if you have older kids who may understand what they are. but otherwise just laugh it off. its a funny story to tell later. 

JayTee80
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I would call you too, after I picked myself up off the floor from laughing so hard.  Ask you if you wanted it back or if I should just toss it...hehe

My 9 year old came home from school telling me he knew what a tampon was.  Apparently for field day his friend brought his older sister's backpack and the kids discovered it.  They were trying to figure out what is was and one of the girls in their class told them.  He was very concerned that they might hurt.

.PilesOfLaundry
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:35 PM

this

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Good grief! It was a tampon, not a gun or sex toy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured