Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My six 6 old went without permission into our room and found my tampons

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He was not suppose to go in there but my husband was on the phone with his mom in Australia and wasn't watching him and I was out grocery shopping. He found my tampons in our bathroom and he ran to ask daddy what they were and my husband told him they were a band aid of sorts. A day later his friend comes over and happens to cut himself. My son runs to my bathroom and gives him a tampon. He takes it home in his backpack where his mom finds it. Keep in my mind I did not know any of this happened. I am at work and his mom calls me irate telling me I should put my tampons were my son cant find them. I feel bad but she was like calling me the worlds worst mom. WTH?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
morgan483
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:35 PM

OMG she was a little out of hand..she should have been able to laugh about it. It's not like he knew what they were and anyone talked about vagina or anything. My kids have found my tampons before (I only keep them in my bathroom storage drawer under our sink...not going to go to great efforts to "hide" them) and I've found some unwrapped in the house...they had played with them not knowing what they were. All I had to say was that they were for mom and not toys, so don't play with them again. No biggie.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see the big deal my kids have known what tampons were and what they were actually for since they were itty bitty.  When they were little they were in the bathroom with me and saw me change them.   My oldest two teenage boys and 7yr old have zero problem going to get me some out of the bathroom if I ask. 

I feel it important they are comfortable around it since they will have wives and girlfriends and it is a part of life.  She needs to relax it isn't like it was something perverted.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Wrestlers and other contact athletes put tampons up their noses all the time. Unless the kid brought home a used one it isn't the end of the world.
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I found the same book in my mothers towel closet lmao. I think I was around 8 or 9, I was shocked needless to say.

Quoting MicheleJM:

This. And it could be worse.i found the Joy of Sex when I was a kid. Talk about an eye opener lol.

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Good grief! It was a tampon, not a gun or sex toy.

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:38 PM

jaysus. over a tampon?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
That sounds like a great story for his prom date. Horrify them both. Two birds, one stone. Lol

Quoting Howardx5:

My 2 year old got into an entire box of tampons, opened them all, and took every one of them out of the applicator. 

embarrassing maybe if you have older kids who may understand what they are. but otherwise just laugh it off. its a funny story to tell later. 

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Kids seeing a tampon is CPS worthy. Your kids should be taken...wait...What?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:39 PM
2 moms liked this
My mil found my husband at age 3 trying to figure out where to put it lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Me, too. The illustrated pictures still haunt me to this day. Lpl

Quoting hautemama83:

I found the same book in my mothers towel closet lmao. I think I was around 8 or 9, I was shocked needless to say.

Quoting MicheleJM:

This. And it could be worse.i found the Joy of Sex when I was a kid. Talk about an eye opener lol.

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Good grief! It was a tampon, not a gun or sex toy.

melly_v88
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:42 PM

oh my god it's a tampon ...

just say they're for really bad nosebleeds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)