Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My six 6 old went without permission into our room and found my tampons

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He was not suppose to go in there but my husband was on the phone with his mom in Australia and wasn't watching him and I was out grocery shopping. He found my tampons in our bathroom and he ran to ask daddy what they were and my husband told him they were a band aid of sorts. A day later his friend comes over and happens to cut himself. My son runs to my bathroom and gives him a tampon. He takes it home in his backpack where his mom finds it. Keep in my mind I did not know any of this happened. I am at work and his mom calls me irate telling me I should put my tampons were my son cant find them. I feel bad but she was like calling me the worlds worst mom. WTH?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:42 PM

She'd hate me, I don't even try to hide that stuff. The kids know their body parts, they know the body parts of the opposite sex, they know what a period is (basically), and they know that I use tampons. It's REALLY not a big deal, that other mother is wayyyy overreacting. You're not a bad mom, there is nothing wrong or dirty about your son seeing a tampon.

Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:42 PM

lmao.. I know its horrifying but honestly, you will laugh about this when he is older

SP_Mama
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:42 PM

My son used to love to get into and play with my pads.  I don't see the big deal.  Your son was trying to be helpful and he didn't know better.  Tampons should not be taboo.

Missy.Anon
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:43 PM

The mom is over reacting. It's a freaking tampon. My kids, for the longest time, thought tampons were rockets and pads were armor.

cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:43 PM
That's awesome! Who has their tampons on lockdown anyways?
KW1280
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Thank you, for gracious sakes. Kids get in to stuff and it was done in innocence

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Good grief! It was a tampon, not a gun or sex toy.

happymia
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:44 PM
When ds was three, he stuck a pad on his forehead, and came into the tv room. I had our new friends over, and they about died laughing!
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Lol! Geeez that must have been a popular book.

Quoting Anonymous:

Me, too. The illustrated pictures still haunt me to this day. Lpl

Quoting hautemama83:

I found the same book in my mothers towel closet lmao. I think I was around 8 or 9, I was shocked needless to say.

Quoting MicheleJM:

This. And it could be worse.i found the Joy of Sex when I was a kid. Talk about an eye opener lol.

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah I was pretty appalled, lol. I also remember going to New Orleans back in the day and my dad explaining some women dance naked for men-I had seen a poster for a club. I was like what..have they no self respect..but these things are part of life. Kids will learn it eventually...

Quoting hautemama83:

I found the same book in my mothers towel closet lmao. I think I was around 8 or 9, I was shocked needless to say.

Quoting MicheleJM:

This. And it could be worse.i found the Joy of Sex when I was a kid. Talk about an eye opener lol.

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

KRIZZ25
ppl wont to bash ppl on pa.. they dont understand when everything goes up we still get same amount .. so we are getting fed over .
Yesterday at 7:53 PM
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:44 PM
oh come on.it could be worse..my son found one out side on ground (not used) i saye dit for girls i,ll tell u later about it ok.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN