Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

vent....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I am so tired of this... I am tired of being a married parent who is basically single parenting. 

I love my kids I really do but on days like today I just want to run screaming and pulling my hair out. 

My 4 year old has literally found reason after reason to cry/whine since he has been home from school. It all started when he went to the bathroom and didn't want to clean himself up. I finally got him to do so and then he was mad because he wanted to play a game but I was setting up the cable box and needed to have the tv (we only have one in the house.) Then he was mad because I wouldn't let him throw  the remotes around. Then he was mad because I told him that he was going to have to go back to his room and clean it up. And then he was mad because he was mad. And so on and so forth.... He has literally screamed his head off since about 4 pm and its now 6. 

I am so frustrated I want just want some peace and quiet.... I have a bad headache and I feel sick to my stomach because I am pregnant and I ate something that the baby didn't want. I finally got the kids settled down and let them watch curious george.... Now I just want to go hide in the bathroom where my 3 year old cannot find me because she has been really really clingy today. To the point of ALWAYS having to have a hand on me. Right now seriously she is sitting beside me with her hand on my shoulder constantly patting me.... which normally I could stand but I feel like I need space. 

I feel like a horrible mom because I just called them brats and told them to get away from me.... I was just at that point that I couldn't take one more thing... DH won't be home till next tuesday or wednesday so I will have no breaks. I can't even get a break when I am sleeping because they always end up in bed with me.... to the point of pushing me out of the bed and when I try to lay on the couch they follow me in there and once again push me off of it.

Is it soooo bad that I need a break????? I can't even go to the bathroom by myself.... if I close the door they stand out side of it screaming banging on the door. It doesn't matter if I am shitting, peeing, or throwing up they are right there... my little audience of 2.

So go ahead bash away.... I know that I am a horrible mother for posting this... but I had to get it out somewhere. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommysmadae
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:21 PM

You're not a horrible mom. When I get like this I just say to myself "This too shall pass" We all get like this from time to time.

suzanneyea
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I am at my limit with my kids too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Right now... I feel like all thats in my head is one long shrill scream... I wish I could just let it out but we live in an apartment and I think that the neighbors might get a little upset..... although I just wonder what they think of me because I know that they had to hear the entire screaming fit that my son just put on.. 

Quoting Mommysmadae:

You're not a horrible mom. When I get like this I just say to myself "This too shall pass" We all get like this from time to time.

bluemountain75
by SoftballMom on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:24 PM
You're not a horrible mom. Do you have someone that can come over to give you a break?
Bella_x3
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:26 PM

AHHHHHHH!!!!!! I hate these days =)

Do you have anyone who can help out for even an hour or two just so you can get a break? I am a single mom and seriously, my MIL was my saving grace each time I felt like this.

You are not a horrible mommy! Just a mommy that needs a breather and to relax a little bit. Its so incredibly hard to keep going 24/7 and avoid losing your shit LOL. It will be OK!

If you can't find someone to give you a break, try finding a very engaging activity that doesn't require mommy help. I used to cover my garage walls and floor in plastic and tape up big pieces of white paper, then let them go to town with paint. It would keep them busy for at least and hour and I'd just sit and watch and de-stress.They make a HUGE mess, but everything is either able to be thrown away or washed!

Good luck!

Peytonsmom6308
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:27 PM
You're not a bad mom, every one hits their kids limit some times. Lock your self in the bathroom for ten minutes, take a mommy time out :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I can't have anyone to come over and help. The one friend that I would trust to watch my kids is on bed rest at 28 weeks pregnant. 

My mom and dad are helping my grandparents with shopping for thanksgiving. 

My MIL lives about 3 hours away and she would drive me bat shit crazy lol. 

There is literally no one that is anywhere near me that can help me right now. :( I have never felt so alone... 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Hang in there. Gets a little easier as they get older.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:37 PM

That would be more trouble then its worth. My daughter would follow me and literally beat down the door... she has severe separation anxiety when it comes to not being able to see me. I mean it gets bad.... it started a month ago when I was really sick and basically had to spend the night in the hospital. She knew  Iwas there and to her ever since her great grandfather passed away and my aunts mother passed away right after that she thinks that if someone goes into a hospital they are going to die. So she panics if she can't see me now... shes getting better about it but if there is something seperating us like a door she freaks out and has a full on meltdown... 

Quoting Peytonsmom6308:

You're not a bad mom, every one hits their kids limit some times. Lock your self in the bathroom for ten minutes, take a mommy time out :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:44 PM
You're not horrible... I've been there with just one. Can you get a sitter? Or can you try to go do something fun/relaxing with them? Go to a park, kids pizza place or bounce place? Somewhere they can use up some energy and maybe you can have some fun and play with them. Not sure if that sounds fun for you but thats what I do when I start to get overwhelmed. My husband travels a lot so I feel ya. Hang in there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)