Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Almost found my baby strangled!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:23 PM
  • 142 Replies

Its a few days till my 11 month olds first birthday. We have been counting it down and we are all so excited. 

Today I woke up at the normal time to my DD crying. She normally wakes up at the same time everyday and I get her a milk and we have cuddles. I got out of bed without delay and wakled into my little girls room and she was standing in her cot with the chord from the blinds wrapped around her neck 3 times. 

She has never touched them before and I wasnt worried because I didnt think she could reach them. 

I called for my husband because I was so panicked  and I couldnt figure out which way the chords had to go. My brain pretty much goes to jelly in scary situations. It only took her a few seconds to get her undone and it hadnt cut into her or choked her. But we took this as A BIG warning. My DH cut the chords so short that only we could reach them. 

Thank god I am not a heavy sleeper and thank god she didnt strangle herself to death. I Don't think I could have handled finding my baby dead with those horrible chords around her neck. 

Now we are thinking of taking all the blinds in the house down. 

'

The thought of not seeing my beautiful girl look at me with her big beautiful eyes just got me so worked up this morning. 

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tifferie
by A$$tastic on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad she is ok. I tie my blinds cords so my dd can't reach them. Of course neither can I. Lol
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM
3 moms liked this

cats strangle themselves also

Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Oh my goodness. Thank god shes okay. 

Kaitlin123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:28 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

We have these plastic things to wrap the cords around. My ds who is 2 is now playing with the cords >
soljawife
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad she's okay....she's beautiful
SweetBaby555
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:29 PM

That is scary !  Thank God she is ok .  

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I am just glad you got there in time
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Glad she's ok
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Good lord! You probably aged ten years this morning. So glad she is ok.

Owl_Feather
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM

oh my god! poor baby. I bet you were so scared :( Mine are all wrapped up and out of reach but cutting them is a good idea. I'll look into that too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured