Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Was meth cooked in my house?!?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:56 PM
  • 16 Replies

We moved in here at the begining of june. Since then several times we have gotten sick. we've just blew them off thinking its the weather, or this and that thats making us sick.

One room of our home exspecially. First it was my sons room. He couldnt sleep in there, he threw up almost every night. he said it was because he was scared. So we switched him and the girls rooms. We thought maybe the room was to big and being in a smaller room would help. It did. He hasnt gotten sick since.

But now my daughter is in the room, and she now has started throwing up at night!! My instincts have been telling me theres something wrong in that room but i have no actual proof.

I have many bad things about the people who lived here before us since we moved in. There were NO fire detectors when we moved in EXCEPT in the bedroom that has been making the kids sick! (its upstairs at the back of the house, the least likely room to start a random fire, and would be to late for it to work if a fire started anywhere else) (and yes we have bought some since)

I have always been a healthy person. Until here. In just the few months of living here, i have developed severe migranes. Joint pain, naseua, and had a bout of broncitus that lasted 3 months that was so bad it landed me in the er.

I searched online for what this all could be. Meth was the most likely that fit it all :(

I am scared and worried about my familys safety. I made my kids doc appointments to have them checked out, but cant get them in for another two weeks...

has anyone been through this? Are there signs to look for? Any help or advice to ease my mind!

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Ask the landlord and neighbours if they know anything ?
TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Call police dept and ask them. Google the address.

I think black mold could cause bad symptoms too.
my4loves4
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:09 PM

We asked the neighbors, they said they were bad people so they didnt talk to them but the police were here often. and landlord said, one is in jail and one is in a insylum. No idea why. Think im going to ask the police tomorrow.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Yea that would be a good idea hopefully they can help you out

Quoting my4loves4:

We asked the neighbors, they said they were bad people so they didnt talk to them but the police were here often. and landlord said, one is in jail and one is in a insylum. No idea why. Think im going to ask the police tomorrow.

Quoting Anonymous:

Deer87
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I would go to the hardware store and buy a mold test kit. They are 9.99. If it shows up that there is mold in that room take a picture of the test and call your landlord right away.

my4loves4

i will stop at the station tomorrow, and good idea i will try that.

And Black mold was actually what i was hoping for instead, but we cant find any, and from what we have heard about the former tenants they were not good people and very likely to do drugs :(

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Deer87
1 mom liked this

I also don't like that your landlord is renting out a home without proper smoke alarms in it. I would definitely do the mold test. 

Deer87
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:13 PM

If the black mold is on the inside of the walls it can still make you sick even if you can't see it. Does the room have am odor to it? From what I have read, if they cooked meth it would have an extreme rotten egg type odor. I've never cooked meth before hahahaha so I wouldn't know if that's true though.

Quoting my4loves4:

i will stop at the station tomorrow, and good idea i will try that.

And Black mold was actually what i was hoping for instead, but we cant find any, and from what we have heard about the former tenants they were not good people and very likely to do drugs :(

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I would suspect mold over meth. You may not be able to see it. It could be in the walls, under the insulation, under the carpets, inside the vents, etc.
i.love.my.life
by Arika on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:19 PM
What color are the walls? Can you see pink spot s on the walls at all?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN