Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Was meth cooked in my house?!?

Posted by   + Show Post

We moved in here at the begining of june. Since then several times we have gotten sick. we've just blew them off thinking its the weather, or this and that thats making us sick.

One room of our home exspecially. First it was my sons room. He couldnt sleep in there, he threw up almost every night. he said it was because he was scared. So we switched him and the girls rooms. We thought maybe the room was to big and being in a smaller room would help. It did. He hasnt gotten sick since.

But now my daughter is in the room, and she now has started throwing up at night!! My instincts have been telling me theres something wrong in that room but i have no actual proof.

I have many bad things about the people who lived here before us since we moved in. There were NO fire detectors when we moved in EXCEPT in the bedroom that has been making the kids sick! (its upstairs at the back of the house, the least likely room to start a random fire, and would be to late for it to work if a fire started anywhere else) (and yes we have bought some since)

I have always been a healthy person. Until here. In just the few months of living here, i have developed severe migranes. Joint pain, naseua, and had a bout of broncitus that lasted 3 months that was so bad it landed me in the er.

I searched online for what this all could be. Meth was the most likely that fit it all :(

I am scared and worried about my familys safety. I made my kids doc appointments to have them checked out, but cant get them in for another two weeks...

has anyone been through this? Are there signs to look for? Any help or advice to ease my mind!

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (11-16):
Kelsmomma123
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:22 PM
We rented a house and were sick for a year. We moved and everyone was better almost instantly. Turns out the house was infested with mold all inside the walls and duct work for the central unit. We never had any mold show up to where it was visible it was inside the walls and flooring. We were very sick while living there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Either way it's time to move. Mold is expensive to clean and I don't think meth can be cleaned up easily either.

Notify the landlord of the illnesses. Keep records. I think it has to be disclosed if a death occurred in the building, maybe they have to disclose a meth lab too. Lots of hazardous chemicals could have been in the house.

Blood tests may have to be done. :(

Good luck.


Quoting my4loves4:

 


i will stop at the station tomorrow, and good idea i will try that.


And Black mold was actually what i was hoping for instead, but we cant find any, and from what we have heard about the former tenants they were not good people and very likely to do drugs :(


Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Call police dept and ask them. Google the address.

I think black mold could cause bad symptoms too.



 


bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Mold will do that too & you can get a test for that at any hardware store. You may be able to get a test for meth. Not sure.
my4loves4
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:41 PM

 lol me neither, but there is no smell. But from what i read, if its been awhile the smell could be gone but the chemicals that are making us sick still there!

Quoting Deer87:

 

If the black mold is on the inside of the walls it can still make you sick even if you can't see it. Does the room have am odor to it? From what I have read, if they cooked meth it would have an extreme rotten egg type odor. I've never cooked meth before hahahaha so I wouldn't know if that's true though.

Quoting my4loves4:

 

i will stop at the station tomorrow, and good idea i will try that.

And Black mold was actually what i was hoping for instead, but we cant find any, and from what we have heard about the former tenants they were not good people and very likely to do drugs :(

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Call police dept and ask them. Google the address.

I think black mold could cause bad symptoms too.

 

 

 

 

 

my4loves4
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:45 PM

 I scrubbed the walls when we moved in, but actually yes i think there was... and also theres spots even after cleaning them that seem to randomly pop up. Except these are more of a redish/brown color and drips down the wall... I joke about it looking like the walls are bleeding. We dont smoke in our house and the spots are usually to high for it to be the kids to have done it so its strange.

Quoting i.love.my.life: What color are the walls? Can you see pink spot s on the walls at all?

 

i.love.my.life
by Arika on Dec. 6, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Then I would say yes. That happens when meth is cooked somewhere. They have people that will come out and test those spots to see what the level is. Meth houses have to be gutted down to the frame if the levels are over a certain amount

Quoting my4loves4:

 I scrubbed the walls when we moved in, but actually yes i think there was... and also theres spots even after cleaning them that seem to randomly pop up. Except these are more of a redish/brown color and drips down the wall... I joke about it looking like the walls are bleeding. We dont smoke in our house and the spots are usually to high for it to be the kids to have done it so its strange.


Quoting i.love.my.life: What color are the walls? Can you see pink spot s on the walls at all?

 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN