Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stop using holidays as punishment

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 201 Replies
35 moms liked this
I see a ton if my kid is not getting Christmas presents posts.A holiday is not the right way to punish a child.So you say no presents from Santa what about friend and family members who bought gifts?If your kid has a chronic misbehavior problem you need a longterm solution.When Xmas is over what holiday will you use next?its November how the hell are you going to punish a child for something their doing now and expect then to understand when the punishment won't happen for a month.Its wrong lazy parenting.i celebrate Yule and my kids get presents from me and Santa but I would never use Santa as a parenting tool.If your kid is misbehaving a month before his birthday are you then gonna say no birthday presents for you?Santa and Christmas are not parenting tools there fucking holidays.holidays are a time to forgive and come together especially Christmas.
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lynette
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I couldn't agree more!
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM
13 moms liked this
I use Santa as a weapon every year and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I'd never take away Christmas though. I love how peaceful things are between Halloween and Christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM
2 moms liked this

100000000% agree

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM
12 moms liked this

I personally think its wrong that just because its your birthday or christmas that you feel you are entitled to gifts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM
7 moms liked this

melodyhour
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree, I would not take something away that they cannot earn back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
We've never been big on christmas anyway but this year just dd and I will be staying home and donating some of our old stuff, no gifts.
ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:17 PM
5 moms liked this

Tell the kids to stop acting up and people won't take away holidays. Simple as that. No one is entitled to holidays or gifts. 

skittleshawk
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM

my point is its not fair to promise the kids gifts on that day which is special to them and then take it away a month before said day happens for something they did today.and your fucking kidding yourself if you truly dont expect people will be giving you gifts on your birthday or xmas

Quoting Anonymous:

I personally think its wrong that just because its your birthday or christmas that you feel you are entitled to gifts.

skittleshawk
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this

children are more than entilted to religious holidays

Quoting ChewyBrownies:

Tell the kids to stop acting up and people won't take away holidays. Simple as that. No one is entitled to holidays or gifts. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN