Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He doesn't get it and it's so frustrating! **edit**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies

Thank you ladies. I didn't think I was going to get these awesome replies. I will make myself a cake. I'll have my boys help me and I'm going to rethink our relationship. I'll keep you guys updated. Tonight I'll be talking to him when he gets home from work.

My birthday is on monday. The 25th of November. My entire life all o can remember is getting only ONE cake for my birthday. ONE. From my grandpa and I was around 13. That's the only time I remember.

I asked my bf what we were going to do and he said nothing besides Going to see the Hunger Games movie. I asked if that was it he said yes. I was upset and left it alone.

so while we're talking about his next paycheck and where it's going he brought up the movie and we added the price for it into our budget. I then changed my mind and said I didn't want to go and I wanted a cake instead.

He got mad and sad why do I want a cake. I told him it's my birthday and they do cakes for birthdays. He says why am I making a big Damn deal about a cake. I didn't say anything and I start crying.

He turns to me and says you're really crying over a Damn cake.

It's not about that cake I said!

It's the fact that i feel like no one ever cared about me growing up. The fact that i only remember one Damn time I've ever gotten a cake. I want to feel like someone at least cares.

I don't know how to explain it. I'm upset because he just doesn't understand and I feel like I'm sounding crazy because of it.

Sorry I just needed to vent..

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
rgba
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:07 AM
:(
he doesn't sound like a very good boyfriend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM
I'm his first real gf so he's been trying to be a real bf.

Quoting rgba:

:(

he doesn't sound like a very good boyfriend
ermka
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Is your budget so tight you can't get a cake AND go see the movie? I get the feeling it's not so much cake vs movie, but that he doesn't care about what YOU want for YOUR birthday, which I agree is bs and I would also be hurt.
CarolinaGirl88
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Sorry. I think everyone deserves to feel special on their birthdays, even if it's just through a cake and people remembering to say "Happy Birthday".
midnightmooncom
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:10 AM
What an idiot
lesalmi
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)