Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why can't you just let them have christmas..** religion post***

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:13 AM
  • 16 Replies

http://kfor.com/2013/11/20/school-shuts-down-christmas-toy-drive-under-threat-of-lawsuit-by-non-believers-group/

I'm not a christian, and I still see no reason at all to EVER take away someones, epecially children, happy holiday.

by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kittykatx
by Sammii. Tar ♥ on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Well thats stupid....O.o
lovemercygrace
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:16 AM

That is silly. Why take away toys from children. Religious or not, it is still a toy drive for kids that may not have anything under the tree.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Did you even read the article? They're not 'canceling Christmas', they're just not allowing students to participate in a religious toy drive while at school...they say nothing about students not being able to donate on their own time...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:18 AM
It's not that kind of toy drive...this is boxes that go to third world countries, along with missionaries who attempt to convert children in those third world countries...

Quoting lovemercygrace:

That is silly. Why take away toys from children. Religious or not, it is still a toy drive for kids that may not have anything under the tree.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:18 AM
They can stil collect the items for less privileged and donate somewhere for occ they do not have to pack the occ boxes on site. So they took away a non essential school event.
lovemercygrace
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Quoting LucyMom08:

It's not that kind of toy drive...this is boxes that go to third world countries, along with missionaries who attempt to convert children in those third world countries...

Quoting lovemercygrace:

I am sure there are some toys ( small toys) in those boxes, But that still does not change the fact that these children need whatever is in those boxes. As Christians we are called to go and spread the good news, that is part of their jobs as missionaries.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this
No one is saying they can't donate. The religious aspect of the boxes just doesn't belong in public schools.

Quoting lovemercygrace:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting lovemercygrace:

I am sure there are some toys ( small toys) in those boxes, But that still does not change the fact that these children need whatever is in those boxes. As Christians we are called to go and spread the good news, that is part of their jobs as missionaries.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemercygrace
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Quoting LucyMom08:

No one is saying they can't donate. The religious aspect of the boxes just doesn't belong in public schools.

Quoting lovemercygrace:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting lovemercygrace:

It is not a School funded drive, it is a Student funded drive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:26 AM

That's great.  I really mean that.  But do what you do with the support of your church, not a public school.

Quoting lovemercygrace:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting lovemercygrace:

lovemercygrace
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

That's great.  I really mean that.  But do what you do with the support of your church, not a public school.

Quoting lovemercygrace:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting lovemercygrace:

It is NOT A school funded program the Students set it up. if people want to donate they can if they don't want to they don't have to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)