Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you keep such a spotless house

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 255 Replies
6 moms liked this
My house it's dirty it just gets cluttered sometimes and a bit unorganized. I see people's houses on fb and everything always looks so neat and not a thing out of olace

I know for me I have trouble maintaining a schedule for cleaning. I clean everyday but I just sorta get up whenever I have the energy. I have two kids and I'm 7 months pregnant I've been so tired lately.

So what do you do to stay neat and organized? Any tips or suggestions as far as keeping a schedule or being organized.

I have never been good with organization. My room was chaos as a child so was my school folders I constantly misplaced things

I want to be a June cleaver mom and run everything like its on a train schedule but can't get the hang of it

EDIT: cool I got featured lol. Thanks for all the tips guys :)
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:03 AM
15 moms liked this

We don't have a lot of 'stuff' so it always looks neat. Everything has a place and that is where it belongs. I also pick up during the day as I go. Never leave a room without straightening something or picking something up. If your house is cluttered then get rid of the junk.

caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:04 AM
26 moms liked this
good luck!! if you figure it out will you let me know???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jtsmommie0104
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:05 AM
3 moms liked this

My house isn't perfect, our toy room is a mess that's where most of the mess is contained but I probably vacuum twice a day and my son knows that he can't have more then 2 toys in the living room at a time. He has to put one away to get another. I load the dishwasher once we are done with plates and spoons and forks. We also have organizational bins and a place for everything so that nothing is ever just sitting around.

Baiscally just cleaning as we go....

Okie-chick
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:05 AM
16 moms liked this
I wish! I have a toddler. You pick everything up and two seconds later its all out again. I only pick up and do cleaning after she goes to bed
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
The problem is 90% of it isn't things that we can get rid of. We just have a lot of things and space is limited we don't have many cupboards so things get crammed in so they fit same with dishes they are stuffed in pretty tight. A lot of the clutter is toys seems like as soon as I go through and pick them they are all over the place five mins later :/

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

We don't have a lot of 'stuff' so it always looks neat. Everything has a place and that is where it belongs. I also pick up during the day as I go. Never leave a room without straightening something or picking something up. If your house is cluttered then get rid of the junk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Having less stuff works for me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:07 AM
That's how I feel with my toddler. I pick toys up literally two mins later half his toy box is dumped out

Quoting Okie-chick:

I wish! I have a toddler. You pick everything up and two seconds later its all out again. I only pick up and do cleaning after she goes to bed

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I'll def let you know! Lol

Quoting caligirl7613:

good luck!! if you figure it out will you let me know???

Sept-babies2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I have ocd i swear. I just have to pick something up if it is a mess. I can't stand knowing there is a mess or something i need to clean. So i clean all day. My kids are not in school yet so they do make a mess. I also havethem cleaning up after too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:08 AM
2 moms liked this
You pick up and clean up as you go through your day.

Houses get dirty because people make food and don't wipe the counter down, their kids play Legos and they don't pick them up when they are done, they throw their laundry on the floor instead of into the hamper, they let their dogs run on their carpets with dirty feet but they don't vacuum at the end of the day....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)