Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Comfy life vs Trust....Which is worth more to you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 198 Replies

He's not the most trustworthy...but he makes good money, and we have a nice life together. My kids get to have the things they want, and never ever worry about things they need.

I could leave, I can afford to live on my own, but it wouldn't be as comfortable.

Is there some point where it's ok to ignore indiscretions to keep up your lifestyle? Would you?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:27 AM
5 moms liked this

Not one person is the most trustworthy. Everyone fails at being completely trustworthy including you.

Yes I would stay.

Vegan_Goddess
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM
14 moms liked this
Been there, done that. I left that man and later found very trustworthy one and though he doesn't take me out constantly or buy me expensive gifts all the time I'm the happiest I've ever been. Money never beats true love in my book.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM
4 moms liked this
Nope. I'd rather leave then stay with somebody I couldn't trust.
orchardmoma
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this

I guess it depends on what issues he's not trustworthy in. If it's a deal breaker like cheating, I would rather be broke living on my own then live in that disfunction. And it wouldn't be fair to my kids either

Shabbydoll78
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM
5 moms liked this

I wouldn't. I would not want to share my life and bed with a dishonest man. That would automatically negate any comfort. 

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM
3 moms liked this

I think that the only acceptable definition of "okay" is "whatever works for you". The only person who can decide what's okay for you, is you.

Personally, for me trust trumps money. While I do have to admit that having money is nice, I've lived without it before and I could again if I had to, but I've been extremely hurt in the past, by people I thought I could trust, and I could never share my life again with someone I didn't trust.

Freela
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM
4 moms liked this

Cheating would be a dealbreaker to me (if that's what you're talking about.)  I wouldn't want to settle for someone who wasn't faithful to me, and I wouldn't want my kids to see me settling for someone who was unfaithful just so I could have more material possessions.  That wouldn't be a lesson I would want them to take away from the situation.  I would rather them see that self-respect is worth more than money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:40 AM
No, I would not stay. Trust and happiness over rule a comfy life style with things. Not to be mean but you sound materialistic.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:40 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd choose my happiness and a good example for my children.

I don't consider a man who won't respect me a good example
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Nope.
The two women I know who.did this, it didn't end up well.
One got lonely and eventually cheated too and her dh left.
The other was left with 4 kids, pregnant with twins, as the FBI and everyone raided her house with a gun in her face and her husband was taken and will probably never get out of jail! Him.cheating was obviously just the tip of the iceburg!

So no, from the experience I have seen, never.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)