Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Postpartum Depression

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:05 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you ever suffered from PPD and how did you manage it?

Options:

No.

Yes. I am still on medication.

Yes. I am now off medication.

Yes. But I dealt with it on my own.

Yes. I vented to people.

Yes, other. Please comment.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

Have you ever suffered from this?

How did you deal with it?

Did you get help?

Are you still getting help?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see what you did there.
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Yes, I wanted to hurt myself and others after my second child was born.
I had pre and post partum depression and should have sought help while still pg.
I was treated with meds an therapy for over a year post partum.
morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I had baby blues with my first and full blown post partum with my middle, which I was on antidepressants for. With my thrid I choose placenta consumption and never even got a hint of baby blues, I felt great.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:12 PM
They put me on zoloft and I became very suicidal.
This one isn't as bad. Have some issues, but I think my hormones are just trying to fix themselves.
TAKate
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I suffered from postpartum depression after my first two children. I was a horrible mess. I thought constantly about death. I lost their childhood. I remember bits and pieces, but it's slightly blurry.

I compare those years like I was living in a fog.

I finally sought help. Got on medication. They kept changing it, I remember being so tired I could not keep my eyes open. Finally they found the perfect "happy pill" routine for me.

I quit taking my pills almost a year ago now. I feel like a brand new woman.

I'm thankful I finally sought help.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I had PPD really bad with my second. I was put on medication for it and then 6 months later I was slowly taken off of it.

TAKate
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I did bad and quit on my own.

I know you're not supposed to.

But I found out I was pregnant and was worried about the effects it could have on the baby.

Quoting Raeann11:

I had PPD really bad with my second. I was put on medication for it and then 6 months later I was slowly taken off of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see what you did there.
TAKate
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:33 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I had it. I'm also bipolar with paranoia though. I thought they would take my baby away so I never got help. Now that my son is 3, I recently got back into treatment for my bipolar disorder, but I still had fears about loosing my son because of it.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:53 PM

lots of exercise.  i have dealt with "regular" depression for the past 20 years.  i've tried anti-depressants, but they make me feel groggy.  i do yoga and walk almost every day.  after the birth of my last baby (who turns 1 tomorrow!!) i had ppd.  i discussed it with my dr, decided NOT to try anti-depressants and just got back in to my exercise routine.  i'm still not completely "normal" feeling, but i can tell it's getting better.  my depression actually manifests as rage at times and i have to really make a conscience effort not to give in to it.  it sucks, but it's something i've dealt with for a really long time, so to me, it's normal, i guess.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I had bad postpartum depression after my first child. I ended up in the er after holding a gun to my head. I went on meds for six months. I was great after that. My second baby I had no troubles. My third baby was stillborn. I refused to leave the hospital without anti depressants. It has been two months. My on and I will talk about stopping the meds after six months. I was not taking the chance that I might not get it. I knew I would get it. I got it after my son was born early. I blamed myself. I knew having my baby die, I would be worse. I know that I cannot shut down like I would want too. I cannot do that to my other kids. They lost their sister. I won't have them lose their mom too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)