Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does Santa still come?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 3 Replies

We're moving and my kids will be getting in to the new house, literally a few days after Christmas. (2,000 mile move) We're going to stay with my sister for Christmas and I'm very grateful. She sent me a text saying she was going to put a special tree in the living room just for them to decorate so they can have their own tree and that Santa can come to that tree. 

Um, Santa is coming to the new house. I'm not going to buy gifts and then ship them a few days later. That makes no sense to me. I'm trying to minimize the gifts they're already getting, because they're going to be hard to get home. My sister thinks I'm robbing the kids of Christmas and said she'd pay for the shipping.

Well, that's not right. It's not that we can't afford the shipping it just makes no sense to me to waste the money. IDK. Do you think Santa needs to visit the kids here instead of the new place? They're still going to get gifts from aunts, cousins and grandparents that we will have to ship.

by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:25 PM

We are doing the same thing.  We are moving to another country on December 14 and our household items won't arrive until sometime in January.  We are driving so our space is super limited.  We are taking the kid's stockings and a few small gifts so on Christmas morning they get to open their stockings and get their Santa gifts.  They know that the presents from relatives and us will have to wait until January.

There are a few times in e past where we have gone away for Christmas and done e same thing - stockings and small Santa gifts in the suitcase.

Heisenberg
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Same with us, our stuff won't get there until January. I thought it would actually be kind of cool for them to walk in to the new house for the first time and see presents wrapped for them from Santa. Why would I buy something here, and then ship it? It just literally makes no sense to me. I don't know why my sister thinks that having a happy Christmas means tons of gifts.

Quoting Anonymous:

We are doing the same thing.  We are moving to another country on December 14 and our household items won't arrive until sometime in January.  We are driving so our space is super limited.  We are taking the kid's stockings and a few small gifts so on Christmas morning they get to open their stockings and get their Santa gifts.  They know that the presents from relatives and us will have to wait until January.

There are a few times in e past where we have gone away for Christmas and done e same thing - stockings and small Santa gifts in the suitcase.

Heisenberg
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:33 PM

BUMP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN