Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O Childcare provider showering during naptime *Add on**

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:33 AM
  • 698 Replies
70 moms liked this
The woman who wrote that post was being ripped to shreds because she wanted to get a quick shower in while the kids were napping. So here are some of my questions.
We are paid to watch, supervise, play with, educate, and feed your children. What more do you expect from us while your child is sleeping? Do you want us in the room watching them sleep for 2 hours?
When you work, you generally get breaks. Do we not deserve a little break while the child sleeps? Or, what would you do if in the middle of the day we had a bad case of the shits and had to be in the bathroom for 10 minutes? Are you going to say "I don't pay you to shit. You need to hold it in until I pick up my child." What if we had to take a very important phone call that couldn't wait? What if we had to rush our own child to the Dr and needed to take your child? What if we had to go to the bank, the grocery store or other errands and take your child? What if we had to bathe another child because they made a gigantic mess on themselves? Because we need to take 5-10 minutes from YOUR child, are you really going to be upset?
Of the women who have the "I'm not paying you to do..." mentality, have you ever been a childcare provider? Do you honestly know the dedication and work it takes to be one? Are you not giving your provider enough credit for having your child in their care for 8+ hours?

**Some of you women boggle my mind with you're ungratefulness toward the person taking care of YOUR child during the day.
Here is me: I'm not licensed. I take care of a 7 year old, her 2 year old brother and my best friends 3 year old. I get paid a total of $550 a month for the siblings and $300 a month for the 3 year old. My day starts at 7am and ends at 6pm. I'm NOT a nanny, I watch kids in my OWN home. I'm lazy and should get out of bed earlier to shower? Really, you want to call the person essentially raising your child Mon-Fri for 11 hours a day LAZY?! I feed them 4 times a day, I play with them, I educate them, I snuggle with them, I kiss their booboos, I wash them up, I sing and read to them, and treat them with the love they deserve while mom is gone all day, and you want to tell me I'm lazy and act like I don't deserve an iota of credit?!
I don't need to be running errands during the day, it can wait because you don't want to your kid toted all around town? Well, allow me to let you in on a little info. Sometimes, I can't wait till Sat to deposit my checks. When I need money in the bank, I need money in the bank. Who has the luxury of direct deposit? Well, not in home care providers. Want your child to have a well balanced meal at lunch time? Well, sometimes I have no choice but to run to the store for milk or bread. I'll be damned if a parent is going to dictate when I can go to the store for something I need right then and there.
When you take your kids somewhere else to be taken care of all day, do you honestly like them being in one place for 11-12 hours of the day? Well, guess what, the luxury of being an in home daycare provider is that I don't NEED to stay home all day. You're getting all bent out of shape that I need to take your child to the store, but I bet you're not complaining when little Sammy tells you one Summer day, "Beth took us to the zoo today, and I learned all about the sea animals! She even let us have ice cream, and took us to the splash park after naps!!" Do I do this? You bet I do, its called field trips that most kids LOVE. Do the parents love that their child is getting out and about? Duh! Would you really, then tell me that I best not be toting your kid all around town? Doubt it.
Open your eyes ladies. Do you trust the people who watch your kids? Let's sure the hell hope so. Give them some damn credit then. I can count on one hand how many nap time showers I've taken over the last 3 years....but if I wanted to take a quick 5 min one, you wouldn't think that I have enough common sense of how the sleeping kids are doing? Get a grip.
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beco8627
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:48 AM
57 moms liked this
That's why my kids go to a facility. They cover breaks for each other, and they never shower at work.
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:48 AM
78 moms liked this
Damn, lol, bitches are crazy. It's fine, go shower, put your feet up. I want a happy, not burned out child care provider.
momof2grls629
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:50 AM
54 moms liked this
I completely agree with this post. I didn't see the other one but hearing about how one woman was ripped to shreds for something so stupid are you surprised by this on this website? The women on here are not normal. Most of them are so ass backwards in their thinking it's not even funny. Since I've been out of work I have cared for a couple of other people's kids and while they were napping you bet your ass I took a few minutes of that time to take a shower.
beco8627
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:51 AM
9 moms liked this
During nap time is usually when I have MY lunch and take about an hour to myself. That's really all I have time for. Every once in a while, I DO take a 5 min shower. I have killer listening and can hear everything while I shower. No issues at all. I know for a fact my parents wouldn't mind me taking a personal break while their kids are napping

Quoting littlesippycup:

Damn, lol, bitches are crazy. It's fine, go shower, put your feet up. I want a happy, not burned out child care provider.

beco8627
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:52 AM
2 moms liked this
:)

Quoting momof2grls629:

I completely agree with this post. I didn't see the other one but hearing about how one woman was ripped to shreds for something so stupid are you surprised by this on this website? The women on here are not normal. Most of them are so ass backwards in their thinking it's not even funny. Since I've been out of work I have cared for a couple of other people's kids and while they were napping you bet your ass I took a few minutes of that time to take a shower.

beco8627
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:54 AM
6 moms liked this
Being at home and being in a corporation is very different. It doesn't mean we aren't doing a job though...and that even means we need some sort of break during the day. No?

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly.  What other job allows you to shower at work?  I don't know of any.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why my kids go to a facility. They cover breaks for each other, and they never shower at work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:55 AM
110 moms liked this
I'm not sure why we hold a ccp to a higher standard than ourselves. We've all showered when they nap, we've all taken them on errands. We want this odd level of uninterupted care that even we, their mothers, can't provide. I don't stare at my kids all day and constantly think up educational games and stimulating activities 24/7. I don't really expect anyone else to either, especially in their own home.
ablox
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:55 AM
7 moms liked this
That's why we go to a facility as well. They have give breaks to each other and no they can't shower there
Teeshann
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:55 AM
13 moms liked this
I shower when my own kids are napping. My kids nap at least an hour. A quick shower isn't going to hurt them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)