Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mirena Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
For anyone thinking of getting this iud I thought I'd post my experience. It may be worlds different for someone else. This iud caused severe depression, fatigue, constant spotting, hair loss, nausea, feeling constantly cold, majorly bitchy, a little weight gain and worst of all, profound insomnia. It made my body stop producing its own progesterone, sending me into early menopause. I'd pull it out myself if I could feel the strings. Good luck ladies, but be wary!!! Getting it out next week! Progesterone cream is helping me greatly in the interim.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilo0802
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Ugh I had the worst reaction as well. I lost an ovary over this thing.... it was causing me to have cysts that would burst... I had 3 of them within a year. After taken the ovary out then the iud I never had one burst like that again. But had such a bad mensuration for years. PLEASE RETHINK IF YOU ARE GETTING AN IUD
lilo0802
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:23 AM

BUMP!

kristen0812
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:25 AM
I had a horrible experience with the Mirena. I hated that thing.
myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:27 AM
My experience has been good so far. Other than my period being a little wacky I feel normal. Out of curiosity, have you used any other hormonal bc?
lilo0802
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Quoting myempyreofdirt:

My experience has been good so far. Other than my period being a little wacky I feel normal. Out of curiosity, have you used any other hormonal bc?

I've tried them all due to after the mirena messing up my body.... I had to get on something but nothing else will work.

workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I was on it for 5 years. Only problem I had was acne. Which I still get when I have periods.

I loved it because I only had a light period once every 6 months or so. It was awesome! Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I've tried all kinds of birth control, they all mess me up, this was my last hope :(

Quoting myempyreofdirt:

myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Some women just can't tolerate hormonal bc. It sucks because there aren't a lot of other options.

Quoting lilo0802:

Quoting myempyreofdirt:

I've tried them all due to after the mirena messing up my body.... I had to get on something but nothing else will work.

CandiceDanielle
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Mine punctured my uterus and had to be surgically removed,I'd never recommend it to anyone.
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Aw, I'm sorry. I've had it twice with no issues.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN