Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Where were you?!?!

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:46 AM
  • 84 Replies
The JFK memorial on the Today show has me wondering. As they interview all of these people about what was going on with them when they found out that the president had been shot. They feel such emotion and many a connection to not only his death, but JFK as a person.

So what is something you have experienced in your life that has truly had an emotional effect on you?

I remember my son waking up early in the morning for a bottle. Garth Brooks' song The River was playing on the radio. As I settled into a comfy spot to feed my son, the song ended, and the DJ aanounced that song was in memory of Princess Diana. She had died in a car crash in Paris.

I was shopping in a local shopping center. The stores shared a pre recorded " radio station". It usually played seasonal music/stories and advertisements. I heard what I thought was a cheesy spin off of the "War of the World's" being done on their intercome. I had been in the dollar tree and Kmart and heard it playing in both stores. It was early fall, and I didn't pay that close of attention to what it was actually saying. Just the man on the radios voice made me notice, and assume that was what was playing.

When I got home, I saw the tower come down. It was September 11, 2001.

That is where I was on those 2 occassions.

So I ask, where were you, on a day that time almost seemed to stand still. It can be for anything really. Just an event that touched you deeply, so much so that you can remember it like it happened yesterday.
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Sept 11 I was in class.
luckythreemom
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Bump!
Gypsy.Scribe
by Ravenclawesome on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
September 11th I was in my 5th grade language arts class and the TV popped on. I really didn't understand what was going on at the time. My mom and step dad were on their way back from picking up their marriage license and heard it on the radio.
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Me to. 8th grade I think.

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Sept 11 I was in class.

luckythreemom
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Bump
Arwynn
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:50 AM
3 moms liked this
The OKC bombing I was in 8th grade English and they turned on the tvs to show the news and I went into full blown panic mode because my mom was supposed to be in that building that day. I didn't find out until hours later that her alarm never went off. Instead of being there she was on the phone with someone there when it happened.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM
When princess Di died I was in a friend's basement drinking and playing darts.

On 9/11 I was getting ready for work in fredericksburg, va.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Sept. 11th I had just gotten married, now divorced,  and living in a beach house in NC.

I had just gotten my puppy, too.

Sad.  That's now my reference when the VET asks how old she is.

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

September 11th I was driving into work and heard it all on the radio. It took me dad eight hours that day to get home from DC and I remember it was so scary to see 95 shut down.

luckythreemom
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Quoting Arwynn:

The OKC bombing I was in 8th grade English and they turned on the tvs to show the news and I went into full blown panic mode because my mom was supposed to be in that building that day. I didn't find out until hours later that her alarm never went off. Instead of being there she was on the phone with someone there when it happened.

I was a hall monitor on the main hall of my middle school that day. Another student came out and shared the news with me. We were pulled into a class and channel one did a special report on it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)